Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just got a Santa Cruz Tallboy and really wasn't a fan of the race face aeffect dropper that it came with. When the post picked up a burr in the frame I decided I wanted to try something different.

So I bought an xfusion manic. After installing it, I'm finding it's incredibly sensitive to my seat clamp pressure. I have to back it off enough that I'm nervous about the post slipping. I can turn the post in the frame with enough force. Even at that you can feel when the post passes the clamp since there's a tight spot.

So my options are to put the race face back on since it wasn't bothered in the least by how much clamp pressure I had, or I can try grip paste on the xfusion.

I like the lever action on the xfusion but I don't feel like I can trust it (though it hasn't actually slipped after trying a few times to sit hard on it).

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Hey,

I just got a Santa Cruz Tallboy and really wasn't a fan of the race face aeffect dropper that it came with. When the post picked up a burr in the frame I decided I wanted to try something different.

So I bought an xfusion manic. After installing it, I'm finding it's incredibly sensitive to my seat clamp pressure. I have to back it off enough that I'm nervous about the post slipping. I can turn the post in the frame with enough force. Even at that you can feel when the post passes the clamp since there's a tight spot.

So my options are to put the race face back on since it wasn't bothered in the least by how much clamp pressure I had, or I can try grip paste on the xfusion.

I like the lever action on the xfusion but I don't feel like I can trust it (though it hasn't actually slipped after trying a few times to sit hard on it).
I think the paste will work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts