Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just got a Santa Cruz Tallboy and really wasn't a fan of the race face aeffect dropper that it came with. When the post picked up a burr in the frame I decided I wanted to try something different.

So I bought an xfusion manic. After installing it, I'm finding it's incredibly sensitive to my seat clamp pressure. I have to back it off enough that I'm nervous about the post slipping. I can turn the post in the frame with enough force. Even at that you can feel when the post passes the clamp since there's a tight spot.

So my options are to put the race face back on since it wasn't bothered in the least by how much clamp pressure I had, or I can try grip paste on the xfusion.

I like the lever action on the xfusion but I don't feel like I can trust it (though it hasn't actually slipped after trying a few times to sit hard on it).

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Hey,

I just got a Santa Cruz Tallboy and really wasn't a fan of the race face aeffect dropper that it came with. When the post picked up a burr in the frame I decided I wanted to try something different.

So I bought an xfusion manic. After installing it, I'm finding it's incredibly sensitive to my seat clamp pressure. I have to back it off enough that I'm nervous about the post slipping. I can turn the post in the frame with enough force. Even at that you can feel when the post passes the clamp since there's a tight spot.

So my options are to put the race face back on since it wasn't bothered in the least by how much clamp pressure I had, or I can try grip paste on the xfusion.

I like the lever action on the xfusion but I don't feel like I can trust it (though it hasn't actually slipped after trying a few times to sit hard on it).
I think the paste will work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,

Hey! Did you ever fix this issue? I'm struggling with the exact same thing. Loosened my seat collar to the point that I'm able to turn the seat with one hand but it's still sticking at the top of its travel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts