Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just have a discuccion topic I want to start up. How many of you guys drop your wrists on climbs whe seated. I read a while ago that dropping your wrists gives good form and helps stabalize your front tire and will keep it from wondering espeacially on those steep climbs.
I have made it a habbit not and climb every climb with wrists droped. I notice not everone is the same way. Just interested in your thoughts and comments.

GOAT

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Yup..

goat said:
Just have a discuccion topic I want to start up. How many of you guys drop your wrists on climbs whe seated. I read a while ago that dropping your wrists gives good form and helps stabalize your front tire and will keep it from wondering espeacially on those steep climbs.
I have made it a habbit not and climb every climb with wrists droped. I notice not everone is the same way. Just interested in your thoughts and comments.

GOAT
and unwrap my thumbs from the bar.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Don't think I do that very often, it'd have to be pretty steep but I'll sneak a peek next time as I don't consciously do it; I'd find that uncomfortable for sustained climbs. If it helps you keep your front end down or deliver needed power, go for it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
goat said:

GOAT
Yeah... I drop my elbows and as a result the wrist follow. I don't do it on every climb just when the front wheel doesn't want to behave.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess that is what i do as well

serious said:
Drop elbows not your wrists. Brings down the upper body and allows for better position to pull on the bar (and of course pull towards your seat as opposed to pulling up).
I guess that is what I do as well. Either way if you one the other will follow.

GOAT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.