Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Front Range Cyclist
944 Posts
CPATCRASH said:
OK, I'm now on the wait list for a Strong 29er. I ordered it this morning.
Beautiful. If I could afford a custom frame I would be knocking on Carl's door up there in Bozeman tomorrow. I had the joy of meeting him a couple Thanksgiving's ago while visiting my sister. I was really impressed with the guy and he took an hour or so to talk bikes in general with me. He's a great guy with good insight. I'd recommend him above many a framebuilder. I have a friend who owns two of his frames. You can't go wrong with him.

Look forward to seeing pics when it gets done!

·
Mmmmmm Beer!
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Padre said:
You have chosen wisely my son. ;)
Thanks. Now comes the fun of waiting the 12 to 14 weeks and collecting parts. Do you have any suggestions for rims? I'm using CK hubs and already have the cranks, chainring and cog.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Nice bike. Aesthetics aside, it seems like the upwardly-bowed TT creates an unnecessarily high standover. Inverting it - a la a Surly Instigator - would allow for a similar swoopy effect (almost an "S" when flowing into the stays) and create more SO than a straight TT.

Nice bike.

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
Soupboy said:
Nice bike. Aesthetics aside, it seems like the upwardly-bowed TT creates an unnecessarily high standover. Inverting it - a la a Surly Instigator - would allow for a similar swoopy effect (almost an "S" when flowing into the stays) and create more SO than a straight TT.

Nice bike.
Maybe CPATCRASH is really tall and this is of no consequence.
It wouldn't have the same cruiser aesthetic.

Cograts on the build, C. 12-14 weeks should make you really savor your purchase, and it will arrive in prime time for epic rides!

OGG

·
Mmmmmm Beer!
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam. From what Carl said the bowed section would be more forward and won't be a problem. I'm also going to run non-suspension corrected rigid forks so the front end won't be as tall.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
CPATCRASH said:
Thanks. Now comes the fun of waiting the 12 to 14 weeks and collecting parts. Do you have any suggestions for rims? I'm using CK hubs and already have the cranks, chainring and cog.
I'm personally waiting for the new Salsa Delgado's.

I like the TK's but don't always fit tires super tight.

If you want super light...go with the DT RR.

·
Mmmmmm Beer!
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What's the TK? I can't find any info on them. Also what about WTB? I may hold out for the Salsa Delgado's if I don't get impatient.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.