Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you know, this is very strange. but why is it that everyone complains about the dropoff comp/triple. where as everyone raves about the 888VF and 66VF ? aren't they almost the exact same fork ? bolth share tuning similarity's bolth are open bath SSVF dampened. only difference between them I could find is the 888/66 is a little beffier. 35 mm stauntions VS 32 mm. and two bolts at the dropout instead of one. also the 66/888 has a little more travel.

for anyone out there with a dropoff comp/triple. you're basically riding a smaller 66VF/888VF am I correct ?

does anyone know if there actually are any differences that make the person think that the 888/66 is better? personally, I have more controlled rebound with my dropoff than I did with my 66.

discuss/rant :p I'm just wondering. was I just stupid to replace my dropoff comp with a 66VF {wich I no longer have} [and sorry, in the title I meant dropoff triple :p]

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
The lightest Drop Off is the 130mm travel Drop Off IV weighing in at a claimed 2278g WITHOUT a steerer. That is approximately 5.02lbs without a steerer. 5.2lbs without steerer is more realistic.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well cool I guess. I was going to buy a 888VF because you can get them very cheap, but you see drop off triple's selling for $100.00 or less. seeing as there is almost no difference, I'll just get a dropoff or something as backup. more likely a Jr T though if one can be had for cheap.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imperial said:
Cant go wrong with the JNR T,ive got an 04,got no regret's,very stiff,plush,cheap and bomb proof,its saved me a few time's :thumbsup:
yea, I was thinking of getting an 04. reciently rode one on my friends stinky dee lux, was pretty impressed. I just cant seem to find them ANYWHERE!

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Phi.Design said:
I have an '06 888 VF2. There is a night/day difference between it and a drop-off triple. By that I mean the feeling.
never tryed the VF2 but go try a 888VF then a dropoff. the dropoff's have a little better rebound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.