Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about this one for a while, when I'm up there, on the bike it just looks really steep, and when I think about dropping it the takeoff looks kind of sketchy (might be hard to see in the pic), But the rock juts (not much) up to make it not a clear smooth takeoff. What would you guys do?

Attachments

· e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
2,283 Posts
.downhillfaster. said:
Manual from the takeoff down the rock...just send it, that's not steep at all! You'll get it, start slow, but work up the speed and soon you'll be airing over it!
well maybe this kid is a bigginer

somethings that we can do blindfolded now might of seemed like jaw drop when we started out biking

· Glad to Be Alive
42,881 Posts
just roll it...if you are that uneasy about then try this....have your friends stay to each side and spot you in case you mess up....start really slow at the top and don't hit your brakes until you are on the ladder.....it is easy and you will do it the first time with no problems...oh yeah post a pic of you hitting it.

· Glad to Be Alive
42,881 Posts
Lickqid said:
Its not the steepness that gets me, its the roughness of beginning of the rock that gets me.
think how easy to roll over all the rockgardens and other stuff ...that isn't bad at all...get some friends to spot you and take that thing down

yu can do it mang

· I like air!
915 Posts
It would also be cool if you could get enough speed and jump up the ladder and rock and land on the flat bridge. Almost like a step-up. If your going to drop it, its probably easier to get some speed and just clear the ramp rather then trying to land on it. BTW - Thar rock is really smooth so dont worry about that.

· Fartographer
1,831 Posts
Go Around

I'd ride up to the lip, slow down, try to put my foot down. miss the bridge, then fall off on my head, clipped in. Try that. It will be sweet. Make sure someone is there with a camera. Oh wait - if you do that, someone will definitely be there with a camera. That's how that stuff works.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
EastCoastHucker said:
2-wear ur helmet
i find it ironic that you posted that when it was you who did the 15 foot drop without a helmet and hit a tree ( VERY LUCKY), anyways, thats a very good tip. i feel so much safter and confident off drops with protection.

· Premium Member
48,161 Posts
Photo-John said:
I'd ride up to the lip, slow down, try to put my foot down. miss the bridge, then fall off on my head, clipped in. Try that. It will be sweet. Make sure someone is there with a camera. Oh wait - if you do that, someone will definitely be there with a camera. That's how that stuff works.
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner! After I did that I would try riding up the rock.

Get the front wheel almost over the top, stall out, grab the brakes and tip over backwards.
;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.