Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, just wanted to know if the 2005 Rainier can handle 1.5 foot max drop offs?
Im only 72kgs and can land them very smooth thanks to 5 years worth of full rigid riding. My favourite xc trails has two of these drop offs, both landing to the flat.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't worry just yet.

Kevin B said:
Hi, just wanted to know if the 2005 Rainier can handle 1.5 foot max drop offs?
Im only 72kgs and can land them very smooth thanks to 5 years worth of full rigid riding. My favourite xc trails has two of these drop offs, both landing to the flat.
Thanks guys
Most of the low end frames are overbuilt to avoid lawsuits so they're tougher than you'd expect. The wheelset will probably be the first to go then cranks/fork/bar/etc.

I road a Rainer up until a year ago and I weighed 240+ (~110 kg) did some pretty aggressive AM riding (3-4" to trany, 2" to flat) though mostly aggressive XC. No frame problems I only destroyed one wheelset before I got something that could handle the riding.

That being said the frames are made of Al so they have a finite stress fatigue life and WILL break after time but I wouldn't worry about it for a few years of really hard riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.