Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Giant STP
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade the MZ Drop Off Comp SC fork on my 2005 Giant STP with the following:
* Quick Release
* Lighter
* Just as strong
* More smooth (MZ is very sticky)
* 100mm travel

It seems as though all the forks that meet these requirements contain 20mm axles. The only other fork that comes to mind is the Rockshox Revelation 426 U-turn, but I'm concerned about the strength in comparison to the Drop Off Comp. Any opinions or other suggestions?

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
bee-man said:
Looking to upgrade the MZ Drop Off Comp SC fork on my 2005 Giant STP with the following:
* Quick Release
* Lighter
* Just as strong
* More smooth (MZ is very sticky)
* 100mm travel

It seems as though all the forks that meet these requirements contain 20mm axles. The only other fork that comes to mind is the Rockshox Revelation 426 U-turn, but I'm concerned about the strength in comparison to the Drop Off Comp. Any opinions or other suggestions?
Minute.
Float.

·
Registered
Giant STP
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I guess the Fox 32's are all quick release.

Aren't the Reba, tora, and recon categorized as XC forks? I don't see how any of these can be recommended for light DJ use, unless the Drop Off Comp is that crappy.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I guess i should have guessed about teh dirt jumping by teh bike you ride, sorrry.
I have a Reba and think it is quite strong.(i am about 250 with all my winter gear on). But i think if you want to DJ a through axle would be better.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
bee-man said:
So I guess the Fox 32's are all quick release.

Aren't the Reba, tora, and recon categorized as XC forks? I don't see how any of these can be recommended for light DJ use, unless the Drop Off Comp is that crappy.
The Reba is the same fork as the Revelation Air with slightly less travel. If you want 100mm air fork, the Reba would probably be the better choice. Maybe you can get some Pike lowers for it so you'll have 20mm. I've seen other people do this on the Reba.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.