Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some wtb drop bars and salsa high rise stem combinations, which makes me wonder, do I need a special kind of drop bars to insert it in a 25.4 stem clamp without removable faceplates? Will any bar with a 25.4 clamp size clear the stem even in the "bends" if that makes sense?

·
-bustin punks
697 Posts
I see some wtb drop bars and salsa high rise stem combinations, which makes me wonder, do I need a special kind of drop bars to insert it in a 25.4 stem clamp without removable faceplates? Will any bar with a 25.4 clamp size clear the stem even in the "bends" if that makes sense?
Yeah - it can be a challenge. I've wrangled a few drop bars into Nitto Dirt Drop and equivalent non-removable faceplate stems and it can be a challenge. Nitto does make a clamp spreader that helps a little bit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Salsa (and some others too) made the dropbar specific stems as well with 26.0mm and despite this, I have an original WTB with some odd 25.0mm and you may find some other bars with 25.4mm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.