Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a frame out there that can be run singlespeed, fits 29x2.6 tires, is spaced 142, and will comfortably fit drop bars?

The Fargo can do this with adapater plates to fit 142, but are there any others?

If anybody would want to trade for a large purple Krampus frame, I'd be interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Is there a frame out there that can be run singlespeed, fits 29x2.6 tires, is spaced 142, and will comfortably fit drop bars?

The Fargo can do this with adapater plates to fit 142, but are there any others?

If anybody would want to trade for a large purple Krampus frame, I'd be interested.

Thanks!
I own a Fargo and have ran it with and without the adapter plates and the bike rides really good. I have ran 29x2.6 and now running 700x55 with adapter plates, super versatile bike. It's a large, but I wouldn't trade the frame, I would sell the whole bike if you were interested. Otherwise I can't say enough good things about it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Not sure how the Stack is on the new Monkey, but that might be a candidate, depending on your height. Another is the Kona Unit, or at least for me, Stack is very low, have to run 35mm of spacers under my stem on the XL, running it stock rigid, low rise bar and I'm 6'2". Bonus on either frame, they will both fit 29x3.0".

·
Live Free & Ride
1,578 Posts
Check out this list and you will see a few bikes that venture over 2.4 tires....

https://bikepacking.com/index/drop-bar-mountain-bikes-29er/

I would even consider some these that only list a max 2.25 tire, because that may only be the rear of the frame. The front end fork can be added to fit a larger 2.4 to 3.0 tire on some of these frames. Nice adventure bikes here! :thumbsup:

The Moots Baxter would be my choice! :D

Check out the Bearclaw!
Michigan-based Bearclaw Bicycle Co claims its Beaux Jaxon is "the first drop-bar bicycle in the history of drop-bar bikes to accept 27.5 x 3.0″ and 29 x 2.6″ tires while maintaining true all-road geometry." They don't think of it as a mountain bike with drop-bars; instead, it's an all-road bike with mountain bike tires. :drumroll:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The stack on both the Monkey and the Unit are lower than the Krampus, and the reach is about the same.

I guess swapping to a size smaller frame would possibly be an option too. I have a set of drops that I threw on my Krampus last night, and it felt too long with them (using a 40mm stem). If I sized down to a medium that'd buy me an inch of reach.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The VO Cigne stem is a good candidate for converting a flat bar frame to drop bars.

The stack on both the Monkey and the Unit are lower than the Krampus, and the reach is about the same.

I guess swapping to a size smaller frame would possibly be an option too. I have a set of drops that I threw on my Krampus last night, and it felt too long with them (using a 40mm stem). If I sized down to a medium that'd buy me an inch of reach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.