Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driver 8 Owners - What do you weigh and what size spring do you use. I weigh 173# in street clothes (no riding gear) and have a 400# spring. It feels too soft, but they don't recommend 450# until rider weight is over 200#. What about you, what do you think?

·
All Mt, DH
488 Posts
bikedrd said:
Driver 8 Owners - What do you weigh and what size spring do you use. I weigh 173# in street clothes (no riding gear) and have a 400# spring. It feels too soft, but they don't recommend 450# until rider weight is over 200#. What about you, what do you think?
Hi I'm 93kg (205lbs) and use a 450lbs Manitou Ti spring. It feels spot on for me. Running a DHX RC4 on my Driver 8

·
Registered
58 Posts
I weigh 180-185 and the bike came with a 450, but with little to no preload I cannot get the recommended sag so I ordered a 400. The springs are cheap enough I wanted to have both readily available and see which one I prefer. I feel with the 450 its a bit too stiff, which prevents me from being able to use all of the cool features of the RC4 shock. No point in adding compression to an already stiff setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.