Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A guy on a bike
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do people do to maintain their drivetrains on long rides like the CTR? After one-day rides, I usually spray the dirt and grime out of the chain with a hose, run the chain through a Park chain scrubber with solvent (not every ride), let it dry, add some lube to every link (trying Finish Line Ceramic for a bit), and then rub off any extra. I’m pretty happy with this ritual, but it’s not something that I can do on the CTR. I’d love to hear what experienced long-distance riders are doing, which lubes they’ve tried, etc. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
In the previous years, I had been racing marathons, 100 milers, and 24 hour solo events on Finish Line Wet lube. It worked really well for me for those races. Basically had to re-apply once during the event...or not at all.

Just as yourself....I am also messing with different lubes for CTR. What I have found to work best so far has been Squirt Lube. I haven't even touched the FL Wet Lube this year.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.