Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold one of my 29ers - and pulled the trigger on a new Sight 7.2C.

Swapping wheels for I9/Sapim/WTB Frequency build (ano blue hub of course)

going 1x10 w Wolftooth 42t GC rear, 30t n/w front

RaceFace Atlas ano blue handlebar - swapping from my 29er - go figure - ano blue

High Roller 2.4 frt, 2.3 rr (but may go ardent 2.4 rear) as I like big grippy tires over xc wieght and rolling

Only question now is Pike 150 or stick w Rev. If I sell some leftover 29er stuff - the swapout price makes it a no brainer - but the rev is no slouch of a fork ...

Build should be complete once wheel parts come in and can be built. Will post up pics as SOON as I can - but likely after first ride! :cool:

For reference I've been riding 29 for 4 seasons. Giant Anthem X29 and Kona Satori. Have demoed the Carbine, Process 153(moab), and alloy Sight. All 3 are very, very good bikes, and the Process (would buy 134) and Sight are just too good IMO - it really came down to bike shop and availability (7.2c in medium at shop) - as both process and norco 650 lines are almost sold out globally. Plus for the same price - got a dead sexy carbon frame vs alloy frame - and I do believe the tuned FSR rear is more plush than the process rear.

BTW - if you havent seen these in person - they are way better looking than ANY pic I can find - the colors in the 7.2 and 7.1 are more vivid and pop on the frame than the pix convey.

Well - no sleep for a week of anticipation!

·
insert sarcasm here
332 Posts
Sounds like an awesome build, looking forward to pics! Have you thought about a 2.25 ardent for the rear (assuming they make that in the 27.5 variety). Since you have a HR in the front and want fast rolling with volume in the rear, that seems like a better choice than the RR.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pump - from fellow front ranger!!

Yes - have thought about 2.25 Ardent - comes standard, but never really liked it on my 29er - it does OK in the rear - but compared to the 2.4 Ardent - which just hooks up on everything as a rear - I think i lean toward the bigger version - may keep 1 of the 2.25 pair to have an option - will post up final build once I decide on Pike and tires...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Your post is making me drool. Just pulled the trigger on the 7.2c. Put a LEV on last night, now I just need the snow to melt!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just sold my LEV w my 29er - wasnt perfect - would sometimes stick on the return , but buttery smooth most of the time - unfortunately - it was the wrong diameter for Norco - so I couldnt simply transfer over - will use the stock xfusion and if I don't like it maybe a LEV down the road. Looked at the xfusion in the shop - looks nice - and I think they are really coming on big - so hoping it works well.

Once you get a ride - post up your impression!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I am also getting a sight build up I went with a pike, it has a better damper, 10mm more travel, and way stiffer fork you cannot go wrong!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
359 Posts
yeah good move...got the pike on my killer b 2 and it's night and day between em.....super plush and better dampening!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts