Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has already been posted over at ridemonkey..i just wanted some more advice..so here goes

Just recieved my copy of Earthed 2..amazing riding in there..anywho..i m not going to rave about it here yet....i just got some questions that the DVD provoked...in Earthed 2..there were heaps of footage of the pros drifting and whipping corners..it loooked very good especially where they lose the bak end and let it drift out and catch it bak in tight corners...i was wondering if any of u guys know how to do it and would u be able to give me some tips??(hopefully u understood what i was trying to say)
thanks

KC

·
rollin
2,646 Posts
maybe check here:
http://go-ride.com/tips.html

i like to practice drifts on baseball diamonds (or any dirt parking lot). it's smooth consistant dirt and you can get a good feel for for/back ballance and bike lean. try it without touching the brakes and just throw the bike into it, like a powerslide on a bmx bike back in the day. then take it to the trail.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The aussies call 'em "Cutties". They describe it pretty well in 'Fundamentals', you've probably heard of that DVD from Dirt Magazine. Here's the gist: Get a bit of speed, lean forward, turn and lean the bike over, and you'll start your slide.

Have I practiced it? Yes. But I still need to tap the rear brake it get the rear to whip around like the pros, though. It sounds like they practice that move all the time. Gets you used to losing traction in turns and drifting which is super important to maintain speed in turns. BRAAAP!

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
helps to put some pressure on the inside foot, kinda hard to explain, but you kinda push it out with your feet and maintain ballance between the two, learning this technique takes alot of finesse, but once you've got it down, you'll be able to drift even the gnarliest terrain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.