Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Just another half mile...
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems we need a little hit of MTB content. Since Mhykhelle is moving to No Cal, we through him a little going away ride and hit up some of the best tricky stuff in the Dreamy Draw area. The ride started off with a good dose of Hair Ball followed by grating a little Cheese then climbing up to A&W and bombing back down. Crossing over and getting ruff on Sassy's then droping down sketchy 220 to JUngle Queen. We were out for a good five hours and covered 16 miles all in a 2 square mile area. Here are few pics and a map showing the route we took. Enjoy and get out and ride!!

Attachments

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
s h i t s k i s that looks awesome. . . when I can acutally get on a bike i want in. . .

are the pics east of DD? obviously so from the map. . . Cheese grater is east right? Anyway it looks like what I've been looking for out there. . . will have to check out the map and hit it up. Thanks for the stoke.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
AZ Mikey said:
The best one is James going OTB. I really dig the way the onlookers are realizing what is going to happen. Way to capture the moment.
Nice pics Dale - good to see the Foley in all it's glory.

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
Epicrider said:
Have you been back to face your nemesis since that one fatefull nightride a few years ago??
Indeed I have but I still haven't cleaned it....one of these days....

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
I don't get out to the DD area very much but everytime I'm out there I like it more and more. Endless routes and trails (I'd definately be lost without my usual riding buddy :crazy: ). Never knew how gnarly some of these trails are until your thread. Nice pics! And nice maps too by the way :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
DD is one of my favorite spots as well. Lots of nice uphill runs with fantastic views from the hill tops.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
YuriB said:
Indeed I have but I still haven't cleaned it....one of these days....
I can't return to Yuri's Foley even though I have never attempted it. The old wounds still plague me and I still have nightmares.

If any of you have ever tried to walk with two bikes, you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Epicrider said:
It seems we need a little hit of MTB content. Since Mhykhelle is moving to No Cal, we through him a little going away ride and hit up some of the best tricky stuff in the Dreamy Draw area. The ride started off with a good dose of Hair Ball followed by grating a little Cheese then climbing up to A&W and bombing back down. Crossing over and getting ruff on Sassy's then droping down sketchy 220 to JUngle Queen. We were out for a good five hours and covered 16 miles all in a 2 square mile area. Here are few pics and a map showing the route we took. Enjoy and get out and ride!!
Ok, I ride Dreamy Draw trails a couple times each week... and I don't recognize any of these crazy names! I usually stick to T100... it looks like this ride took you on Trail 1A which kicked my ass the one time I tried it. Those pictures are impressive.

So where do you find out these trail names?

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
crispy said:
Ok, I ride Dreamy Draw trails a couple times each week... and I don't recognize any of these crazy names! I usually stick to T100...
You are missing out!

crispy said:
it looks like this ride took you on Trail 1A which kicked my ass the one time I tried it. Those pictures are impressive.

So where do you find out these trail names?
See map above....

·
Registered
227 Posts
thanks for the party, little buddies!

Epicrider said:
Who needs a hardtail when you can have 6.7" + 8" and DH tires to finish it off all in a 38.58# package?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.