MTBR is for bored people who have nothing better to do but spend their time online trying desperately to have an impact on something. Jerry Daniels calls them Etards. Then there is the 10% that don't know **** about bikes and are trying to be smart buyers, rifling in vain through the strings of babble to get at some real testing info that the mags don't or cannot provide. But, you must understand that the 10% are wading through the other 90% for days on end, slogging through ******** and fantasy.
MTBR is sad, really, AND I MEAN REALLY--a portrait of our vacant consumer society. It is kinda like MATCH.COM, where losers fish for other lonely souls, get a nibble, then babble on about how their astrology charts are soooo compatable or some such other useless, mindless, prejudicial crap. When they finally meet, they forget good judgment because they are soooo ****ing lonely. They only see what they really bought after a session of unsatisfying sex. Of course, this always happens long after the time for good judgment is past, but everyone eventually discovers the person (or bike) they are riding is just as stupid and ugly as they are, even if they say they are tall, dark and handsome and know everything about Ellsworth bikes. Using MTBR.COM to make a judgment on a purchase is only slightly better than walking into the bike shop and asking the 19 year old college dropout what to buy. Oh, get the GT ****us or the Cannonball Jackoff. The phony "wild" look gets the stupids to whip out the American Express card in a hurry.
Why do you think we get that junk email about penis enlargement? Because we have small dicks? No, because they want us to think we have small dicks. MTBR.COM wants you to think you have a small brain. For most, having the MTBR.COM website on the list of "favorites" is more about loneliness than buying ****. OK, it MIGHT help, but chances are SLIM. It can ONLY help if you spend TOO MUCH time there and run into someone who really knows how to review stuff. Those chances are far less than 1 in 10. A good reviewer is hard to find in magazines that pay folks to do this, so don't expect to find one for free on MTBR. And, who is there to tell you which random soul is capable of turning you on to what is good, what is OK and what is real crap that people feel they have to buy because of sick magazine advertising mind control.
Get a girlfriend or get out of your terminally ill marriage, or, get the balls to take on that gay lifestyle that is your true repressed desire. Before you get a clue and use MOUNTAIN BIKE ACTION as a last resort, take a look at the real reason you spend your time obsessively reading stuff online, looking for things that piss you off, offend you, reinforce your purchase, or make you feel self-assured in your own delusions. My best advise is to take LSD, THEN start rifling through MTBR.COM. It could change your life. It would at least give you an idea of how lonely is your existence and what a waste of time the internet is. The second suggestion is: Use ME before I die and you are left with the magazines and MTBR. Face it. At least I do the research.