Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in from a combo snow/ice/semi-frozen dirt night ride. It beats NOT riding, but only just.

Couldn't help but to fantasize a bit (on the climb) about better, warmer days.

Like these:

And finally:

That last one doesn't even seem possible right now...

<sighs>

MC

·
Not really that big!
368 Posts
Love the last pic...

Night snow rides on our limited Iowa singletrack are some of my favorite rides as long as the snow is 2-4" and fresh. Right now we have too much and it has a hard crust on top that isn't hard enough to ride on top of but sure is a chore to bust through. I think the weather will be appropriate for the BRR Ride this weekend. Are you goin' GTed?

·
Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
630 Posts
Beautiful....

The next 10 days at my place... 14, 20, 24, 15, 6, 5, 4, 6, 10, 13 degrees. Well at least I build my roommates bike up...
Thanks for the glimpse of hope!!!!

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts
Great pics of beautiful locations! I just went out for a night ride last night in single digit temps and was thankful to get out. After seeing these pics, I won't be happy until after a trip to somewhere dry!

Something tells me that the lady in the pictures above has the best built wheels in Colorado. lol

·
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1strongone1 said:
Those are great pics. I can't wait to make my annual trip back out this Spring. One question, do you have more snow than usual and will the trails be rideable around March 17th-21st? Thanks Mike.
Yep, more snow than normal. More comin' today. Conditions in March will depend on the next few weeks. I'd say it'll be perfect tack by then.

But I've been wrong before.

Check weather here daily and you can keep tabs on it.

MC

1,420 Posts
mikesee said:
Yep, more snow than normal. More comin' today. Conditions in March will depend on the next few weeks. I'd say it'll be perfect tack by then.

But I've been wrong before.

Check weather here daily and you can keep tabs on it.

MC
Thanks for the info, I have the website bookmarked. I will probably be bugging you about conditions in early March.

Thanks.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Where's that 2nd pic taken? The green there with the terrain looks even more rare to me right now than the one with the wild flowers.

It's nice to be reminded that there are seasons and I will (someday) see dirt again.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Very sweet pictures!

Great to see some really nice pictures of some really nice riding spots! is there any chance of getting a high res. copy of one of those (9th one, the ribbon of singletrack). PM me and I will give you my E-mail.

Enjoy the snow!
Mark

·
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Feldybikes said:
Where's that 2nd pic taken? The green there with the terrain looks even more rare to me right now than the one with the wild flowers.

It's nice to be reminded that there are seasons and I will (someday) see dirt again.
That's Broken Mesa, above St George. Taken last April.

bikeny said:
Great to see some really nice pictures of some really nice riding spots! is there any chance of getting a high res. copy of one of those (9th one, the ribbon of singletrack). PM me and I will give you my E-mail.
Enjoy the snow!
Mark
Sorry man--I don't do PM. Post your email here and I'll send it out to ya.

MC

·
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You thought that was all of 'em?

Ha! That was just spring...

Moving into summer now:

Somewhere in there, when it seemed that life couldn't get much better, I got an email with a picture of this:

Which I promptly turned into this:

So that I could start enjoying this:

Filtering it through those kinds of spectacles, life is pretty darn good, eh?

MC

·
Beware of Doggerel
665 Posts
Cry me a River

Hey man, I'm all broken up over the fact that you live in MTB paradise and things are less than perfect at the moment. There's so much snow up here that this week is the first time since new years day that I've thrown a leg over a bike. Good riding right now though. We just went through a thaw/freeze cycle and the trails went from soft and fluffy to hard like pavement in a few days. And short winter days equal long lingering sunsets. Like those below. Winter rocks, whoo hoo!!!!

Adam

Attachments

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Mike, it's hard to imagine you of all people complaining about winter weather. :) Great pics!

·
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Adam said:
Hey man, I'm all broken up over the fact that you live in MTB paradise and things are less than perfect at the moment. There's so much snow up here that this week is the first time since new years day that I've thrown a leg over a bike. Good riding right now though. We just went through a thaw/freeze cycle and the trails went from soft and fluffy to hard like pavement in a few days. And short winter days equal long lingering sunsets. Like those below. Winter rocks, whoo hoo!!!! Adam
It's clearly not a paradise if I'm having to get that dastardly snow all over my tires on occasion. Yick!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.