Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might have already been posted but here it goes anyway. You've won the lottery, money is no object. Your're going out to buy the bike of your dreams. What is it and why?

·
ravingbikefiend
2,322 Posts
Buy it ?

I'd finish tooling up my shop so I could build my dream bike(s).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dream Realized!

I finally built my dream bike. 2007 S.C. LT Blur, Fox 36 Talas RC2 up front and DHXAir in back. Mavic UST rims laced up on Chris King hubs, Thomson Stem & Seatpost, Easton Carbon Bars, SRAM Chain, Cassette, XO Pods & Rear derailleur, XTR Cranks & Front Derailleur, Avid Juicy 7 w/ Dangerboy levers. Rides like a dream, 27.5lbs and YES it is worth more than my car! :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
one year of saving, eating ramen noodles, and NOT riding cuz i needed the overtime $$$.
here she is!
i built it cuz i have an affinity for HTs, especially light and agile ones. i love tight, smooth, rolling singletrack and this bike is downright perfect for that.
some highlights:
Orbea Scape scandium
Stans Olympic rims/DT 240 hubs
Formula Oro Puros
F100 RLC
Egg beater 4ti
the rest is a mixture of the lightest parts i could find without using super boutique brands to keep reliability a main focus.
20.7lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'm working on mine. It's a Mojo with a Fox RCL and RP23, all '07 XTR, and a set of I-9 wheels. Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Why limit to one?

skibum1 said:
This might have already been posted but here it goes anyway. You've won the lottery, money is no object. Your're going out to buy the bike of your dreams. What is it and why?
I've already got a great XC bike, but could use something with more travel. Then maybe a Ti hardtail. Then a cyclocross, then maybe a singlespeed too. Think that would be enough for me, for now.

Probably go custom on all the above too, then make sure a few others got a new bike too.

JmZ

·
Registered
42 Posts
Our lbs has a 07 Specialized S-Works fsr with all the xtr components, high end mavic crossmax, and other high end stuff for 6400$.

So if i ever won the lottery i will buy one ore more..

·
Registered
779 Posts
nick25 said:
Jersey how do you like those brakes? Thinking about getting a pair.
initially i got a lot of flack from the guys in the bike shop that i work at for ordering such an obscure brake setup. everyone was used to hayes, avids, shimanos, some guys were riding hopes and maguras, but no one was on formulas. well, after all there comments and everyone then riding my bike a handful of the guys have ordered formulas and another guy is ready to get a set as well.
they are without question the best brakes ive ridden so far. the setup is a breeze, customer service is outstanding, quality is impecable, modulation beats out everything. i can go on forever about formula brakes. get em, you wont be disapointed!

sorry for jacking the thread:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jersey said:
one year of saving, eating ramen noodles, and NOT riding cuz i needed the overtime $$$.
here she is!
i built it cuz i have an affinity for HTs, especially light and agile ones. i love tight, smooth, rolling singletrack and this bike is downright perfect for that.
some highlights:
Orbea Scape scandium
Stans Olympic rims/DT 240 hubs
Formula Oro Puros
F100 RLC
Egg beater 4ti
the rest is a mixture of the lightest parts i could find without using super boutique brands to keep reliability a main focus.
20.7lbs
Looks like one bad ass ride:thumbsup:

·
Formerly DMR For Life
989 Posts
skibum1 said:
Let's See

Knolly Delirium T With DHX 5 Coil
Marz 66 RC2X or a FOX 36 Van RC2
I-9 Wheels
Sram X-0 Drive train
Race Face Diablous Cranks/BB/Cockpit

I only wish I was working on getting this

DMR

·
Registered
79 Posts
A Ti Seven hardtail, maybe the one the with carbon stays. IS disk mounts, regular vertical drops with a deraileur hanger and EBB. I've been diggin' ss for a couple years now, but who knows, might want gears later. Pace RC31 fork, King headset, Thomson stem and post, Carbon bar, FSA MegaExo carbon cranks, Avid Juicy 7 brakes, maybe Crossmax Disk wheels.

·
Registered
624 Posts
my curtlo. steel is very real.

edit:

now, I would obviously make some killer upgrades from what I currently have, but I'll most likely stick with a curtlo frame from now and until he retires.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Guyechka said:
If money were truly no object, then I would go with custom everything.
Yeah, me too. I'm talking EVERYTHING built exactly to me specs. Custom tires, rims, hub, frame, etc. There are a few things I'd probably leave more or less alone, since I don't think I'm quite qualified to design say, suspension components. :D But most of the parts would be custom. And I suppose I could do silly things like have carbon lowers made for a 36 to lighten it up a bit. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.