Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey y'all and Happy New Year!

I made one resolution this year and I think that growing dreads would help to portray what I am tring to accomplish.

Now I want to do them them naturaly without the use of wax. I am not sure if I want to backcomb or not yet, but definetly no wax.

I was wondering if anyone has grown them while cycling at the same time. I am hoping that the helmet will not interfere with them forming and that I can have my cake and eat it too. :)

Ohh and if you don't like dreads for whatever reason, please don't tell me that I shouldn't grow them. Live and let live.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

EDIT: I should mention that my hair is already past my shoulders if this makes a difference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lidarman said:
And what would that be? A career as a pirate?

Just neglect your hair. It's that simple.
I am aware of how to grow them. What I am not sure of is whether or not wearing a helmet will interfere with the dreads forming.

And there is more to it then just neglect. But not much more. :thumbsup:

·
Harshing my mellow, man..
369 Posts
Gimpie7 said:
I am aware of how to grow them. What I am not sure of is whether or not wearing a helmet will interfere with the dreads forming.
How much do you really intend to wear a helmet? Unless you are legally required to wear a helmet when not on a bike, this shouldn't be a legitimate concern.
But then again, I'm just using common sense.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ride with dreads, and its not too big a deal. I don't know about your helmet hindering their growth, but I wouldnt be too worried about it. I do reccomend backcombing though. Most of my guys formed naturally, but where they didn't I backcombed and it took no time at all for them to come in nicely. But I did have to get a bigger helmet, I went from a medium to an xl, if memory serves...

Regardless, have fun and good luck with your dreads.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.