Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I have the Hugi / DT Swiss 240 Disc hubs. The rear hub has a lot of drag in the freehub, so much that when I spin the pedals of my SS back I only get about half a revolution. I wish it was smoother.

The star-ratchet was just serviced and cleaned. It has always been a draggy hub.

The tension on the chain is light.

Obviously when I am pedalling this does not matter, but it is a shame to know that the drag is eating away at my momentum at other times.

Are there any fixes for this? Does anyone have any wise words?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Davo

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Freehub drag in the DT star ratchet seems to be really dependent on what type of lube you use. Make sure to use a really light oil in there instead of grease. It's tolerances are tight enough that a heavy lube will create a lot of drag.

Might want to check the bearings on the freehub side as well, as that could hold things up, too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Big Wave Dave said:
Hiya

I have the Hugi / DT Swiss 240 Disc hubs. The rear hub has a lot of drag in the freehub, so much that when I spin the pedals of my SS back I only get about half a revolution. I wish it was smoother.

The star-ratchet was just serviced and cleaned. It has always been a draggy hub.

The tension on the chain is light.

Obviously when I am pedalling this does not matter, but it is a shame to know that the drag is eating away at my momentum at other times.

Are there any fixes for this? Does anyone have any wise words?

Cheers in advance for any help.

Davo
U shall ask DT swiss to get u a new one. My rear 240s hub spin like no ending and is a very smooth hub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.