Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased a 2020 dpx2 for my 2017 Bronson and just wondering if anybody knows what Santa Cruz recommends for volume spacer size? I am around 170# riding weight, any advise for setup would also be appreciated.thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't know what SC recommends, so I cannot answer your question, however I just wanted to throw out there the DPX2 is incredibly easy to change the spacer. If you do most everything wrong, 10 minutes. If you do it right - you will spend longer airing up your shock than doing the rest of the work.

With the ease in mind, when I swapped spacers, I wasn't even concerned with recommendations. I could go extreme to feel the max difference, then come back from that to fine tune to my liking.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I spoke to a Fox Service Advisor when I was purchasing my DPX2 a few weeks back. Wanted to know if there was a tune for the 5010, which there is. Here's the info he gave me:

"The tune recommended for that shock on your bike is listed below. It’s not a stock tune, so you’d need to send it to one of our service facilities if you wanted it changed. For a brand new, uninstalled shock the cost is $50. If the shock has been used the cost runs between $85 and $180, depending on the additional services needed.

DPX2, Factory Series, 3pos-Adj, Evol LV, Santa Cruz, 5010 , 210, 50, 0.4 Volume Spacer, CLA002, RLA014"

So, their tune for the V3 5010 uses a .4 spacer.

This is the info for my '19 DPX2 with factory tune:
2019, FLOAT DPX2, F-S, K, 3pos-Adj, Evol LV, FOX, AM, 210, 50, 0.6 Spacer, CM, DRM, Rezi A F M+, Orange Logo

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, anyone running the stock fox tune on there Bronson v2 and having any luck? Fox told me it should be fine he said shock is super supple as is

·
Registered
524 Posts
FWIW, I'm running the stock tune on my 5010. Can't see much of a reason to send it in and pay to have it tuned at this point. It's a good shock, just take your time to set it up. I'm 150lbs with gear, I have it set at 210psi to get the recommended 12mm sag from SC. About 4 clicks from closed LSC and rebound setup using the curb test as a baseline, feels great. WAY better than the DPS that came on it.

Have you plugged in the 4 digit code to see what spacer it has? Probably the same .6 spacer.

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW, I'm running the stock tune on my 5010. Can't see much of a reason to send it in and pay to have it tuned at this point. It's a good shock, just take your time to set it up. I'm 150lbs with gear, I have it set at 210psi to get the recommended 12mm sag from SC. About 4 clicks from closed LSC and rebound setup using the curb test as a baseline, feels great. WAY better than the DPS that came on it.

Have you plugged in the 4 digit code to see what spacer it has? Probably the same .6 spacer.

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike
Shock is shipping today so not sure, looking forward to trying it out

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got the shock and so far it rides pretty darn good, I am 170# riding weight and have 207 PSI in it with rebound 8 clicks from open and 3 clicks of compression damping.

this is the tune fox sent me, they said this was there aftermarket tune

2020. FLOAT DPX2, F-S, K, 3pos-adj, Evol LV, fox, AM, 7.875. 2.25. 0.2 spacer, CM, DRM, RESI A FF, Orange logo

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nice!

Basically the same settings I have in mine. I'm 150lbs riding weight, have it set at 190psi, 11 clicks rebound, 3 clicks LSC. Feels pretty good! I might buy a spacer kit and try one down since I'm a bit lighter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My '19 5010 large X01+ has this factory tune:

2019, FLOAT DPX2, P-Se, A, 3pos-Adj, Evol LV, Santa Cruz, 5010 , 210, 50, 0.4 Spacer, CLA002, RLA014, Rezi A F M, Standard Logo

So a 0.4 spacer.

Same as chadbrochill above, I may get the spacer kit and try 0.2. I am 160lbs riding weight and might get better performance out of a smaller spacer. I need more riding time as it is though, before I start changing things :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.