Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Looking at picking up a DPX2 off eBay. I just want a bit more info on the compression tune. It is listed as CEC001 on the Fox tech site. That doesn't mean much to me. Does anyone know if that is a firm, soft, linear, progressive etc. tune? Would be fitted to a 4 bar linkage bike with 140mm travel with a slightly progressive kinematic, so I don't want to pick something up that would not suit the bike

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can look at the shim stack here if you search for CEC001

Can't help you with whether this specific stack has characteristics you want though, sorry. Could be a manufacturer or bike specific one - if so you could try and find what bike it was designed for and see if this is similar in leverage curve to yours. You could also compare it to the std shim stacks (light, medium etc) but unless you really understand valving, I don't know it will help you much.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a look at that. To me (very much NOT an expert) it looks pretty like a firm setup. It seems to be the tune specified for the Privateer 141 bike

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
It is a soft, linear tune. Most of the dpx2 tunes are fairly light, with variations tending slightly digressive or slightly firmer. This one is at the softer end

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a soft, linear tune. Most of the dpx2 tunes are fairly light, with variations tending slightly digressive or slightly firmer. This one is at the softer end
Thanks Johnny! How would it compare to the CL0001 stack? From my limited understanding, CEC001 would be firmer as it has more shims

1 - 5 of 5 Posts