Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a DPX2 and trying to figure out the lower mounting hardware. I've got the stock spacers from the monarch it came with, which it won't fit with both on. If I take one the non drive side spacer off, it fits, but torqued down its got a little bit of free play. And I don't think it'd be quite centered, the insert on the non drive side shock mount takes up some of the space the spacer would, but it's not quite as thick as the spacer on the drive side.

that was probably really confusing so here's some pics.. the pic of the shock is with both spacers installed. I had to remove one to fit it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You are mixing and matching. You either need to get those polymer bushings out and press a du bushing in or get new fox hardware designed to work with the polymer bushings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are mixing and matching. You either need to get those polymer bushings out and press a du bushing in or get new fox hardware designed to work with the polymer bushings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ah yeah I think fox has spacers that are a little narrower than the spacers off my monarch. That insert on the non drive side shock mount hole takes up a couple mm on that side, wouldn't that make the shock mount up slightly misaligned? Or Is the frame offset to work with that? I took my old shock off awhile ago and don't remember how it all went together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.