Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had/have a great thread going for the DPX2 on the previous generation FEX, so I thought I'd start one for the 2020 MY.

I just picked one up for my 9.9, and it came without any mounting hardware.

Any help in that regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Same mounting hardware as you'd see on any of the non thru-shaft bikes. Identical to the 8, 9.7, etc.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same mounting hardware as you'd see on any of the non thru-shaft bikes. Identical to the 8, 9.7, etc.
Thanks! That's what I figured, but didn't want to "lead" the responses.

9.7 hardware being ordered today.

Stoked, though I have to say that this Reaktiv shock has been the best by far -- I'm just a bit of a tinkerer at heart.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it mounted, and a quick test ride yesterday. Smooth. A bit more of an organic feel than the Reaktiv. The place where it really stood out was high speed chatter -- braking bumps, rock/root gardens. Big ride on Wednesday should tell more.

I've got a mounting challenge if anybody can help out. I got the 9.7 lower mounting bolt, but Trek is showing the upper as being currently out of stock, with no ETA on availability.

Anybody have a source?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got it mounted, and a quick test ride yesterday. Smooth. A bit more of an organic feel than the Reaktiv. The place where it really stood out was high speed chatter -- braking bumps, rock/root gardens. Big ride on Wednesday should tell more.

I've got a mounting challenge if anybody can help out. I got the 9.7 lower mounting bolt, but Trek is showing the upper as being currently out of stock, with no ETA on availability.

Anybody have a source?

The upper should be part number 599898.
I received all my hardware for my 2020 9.9 the other week and they showed plenty in stock. Pretty pricey for everything though. For the mounting hardware & shock axles I think I paid around $170 at my LBS.
There really isn't another option besides waiting for them to get it back in stock I would think....

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The upper should be part number 599898.
I received all my hardware for my 2020 9.9 the other week and they showed plenty in stock. Pretty pricey for everything though. For the mounting hardware & shock axles I think I paid around $170 at my LBS.
There really isn't another option besides waiting for them to get it back in stock I would think....
Thanks, I'll share that part number with my LBS. You're right on the cost. The lower bolt has a retail price of forty bucks!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Here's my 2 cents:
I bought Trek tuned DPX2 2020 last year and it's really odd shock and I believe doesn't worth its price. Rebound is too fast even on slowest settings - you have to switch shock to trail mode to make it slower which is really weird. Kashima coating exists only on outer body and there's no kashima on inner shaft. Quality of Fox products got really low for 2019-2020, they're cutting corners everywhere. Overall, DPX2 is slightly better than stock shock but not miles ahead. I recommend spending money elsewhere.

For my new Fuel EX build I have I've ordered Cane Creek DB Coil IL after trying it on different bike. I was blown away by the performance and weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to do the same in install a Dpx2 rear shock on my Fuel EX 9.8 2020. But I am little lost in what parts will need. Too much ask you the part names and part numbers?Also where you purchased them? Many Thanks!

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am trying to do the same in install a Dpx2 rear shock on my Fuel EX 9.8 2020. But I am little lost in what parts will need. Too much ask you the part names and part numbers?Also where you purchased them? Many Thanks!
I don't have part numbers, but you simply need the mounting hardware for the EX 8, since it doesn't have a through-shaft shock. Your LBS can provide these parts.

·
Community Manager at Trek
413 Posts
Everything you need is here: DPX2 for 2020 Fuel EX

Let's close this thread, eh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts