1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
Weather predictions are all over the place, from 98 down to 77(really: www.eachtown.com). Either way, it is always 10 degrees hotter on the baked fireroad climb.

Don't rely on the water/aid stations to have liquids for you. This is going to be one hell of a challenge. I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Bring it!!

I have been training for the past month in this smoke, I have reached full aclimation.

Living in Chico for 6 yrs means if the temp ain't triple digits, it ain't nothing.

It is either time to crush Downieville, or tell Adam Craig to beat it and go for the gold in Bejing.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
francois said:
Last time it was this hot for the XC race, there was some bad hydration juju up there.

fc
since I almost always cramp up real bad, this may be good. Now everyone else will loose 5 minutes standing on the side of the trail :eek:
It's going to be brutal for sure this year! I was up on Saturday and all the "Celebrity" Pro's were there. If I was Mark Weir or Jason Moeshler I would be a nervous wreck.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Brainstump said:
Hey Merlin,

How's the smoke up there?

Getting any riding in?
HORRIBLE:madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:
I got up at the crack of dawn to get a ride in and it was already 83 and very smokey, so I set my trainer and watched the TDF in my living room with the AC on and fans blowing. SUCKS!
All of this could change real fast so don;t get me wrong, this is not a pprediction of Saturdays forecast.

·
Medium?
6,732 Posts
ARider said:
Bring it!!

I have been training for the past month in this smoke, I have reached full aclimation.

Living in Chico for 6 yrs means if the temp ain't triple digits, it ain't nothing.

It is either time to crush Downieville, or tell Adam Craig to beat it and go for the gold in Bejing.
That's a winning attitude right there...

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
merlin said:
since I almost always cramp up real bad, this may be good. Now everyone else will loose 5 minutes standing on the side of the trail :eek:
It's going to be brutal for sure this year! I was up on Saturday and all the "Celebrity" Pro's were there. If I was Mark Weir or Jason Moeshler I would be a nervous wreck.
Who are the hotshots showing up?

Looks like beaverbiker's not going.

fc

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
francois said:

fc
I had breakfast next to Brian Lopes, saw Mark Weir over by The Syndicate van that Voorhees drives, as well as a good showing by VW Trek Team. SRAM has the big shop on wheels just across from Yuba Expedtions. It's still early and it's getting crazy around here already.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
francois said:

fc
The usual winners: Moeshler & Weir. But I know Brian Lopes has been there all week and here there are a lot of other studs coming to try and De Throne them

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
I'm showing up Friday to defend my last-place title. In my group I can already spot the overall winner of the TBF races this year, also John Clark who will be out of sight after 1 minute of racing, and a couple other guys who regularly humbled me throughout the year. But, it will be me versus the hill come Saturday.

As for the pros, well, they better not be in my way changing flat tires when I pass them.

·
Older & Slower
656 Posts
i'll be looking for you...will you be wearing that jersey with the skull?...i'll be the guy in the pink helmet climbing like i'm wearing pink panties.

·
Butcher
529 Posts
ARider said:

I won't be there to watch this year, but CHICO is pullin' for ya.

And I don't know how in the hell you've become acclimated to this smoke, but I'm guessin' you're able to breath through your eyelids. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.