Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HD3 that I will be stripping down and rebuilding with new XTR.

My thinking right now is to route the rear brake line through the right sided dropper ports then out to the rear caliper and the dropper through the left sided ports with he shifter and through the downtube if possible.

Has anyone successfully routed a dropper line through the downtube and up the seattube on an HD3 or Mojo3?

if so....how'd you make the turn at the BB junction?

Did some searching and came up empty other than some saying they were able to get it done.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am sure it can be done but my concern it that it will make brake bleeds more complicated. I would be afraid it would make it more difficult to get the air bubbles out. I always assumed that was why it was not already done that way.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure it can be done but my concern it that it will make brake bleeds more complicated. I would be afraid it would make it more difficult to get the air bubbles out. I always assumed that was why it was not already done that way.
Lots of bikes have internal rear brake lines now. The new Ripmo and Ripley do I believe. Still, you have a point. Maybe I'll still try the internal dropper and see how it goes. I don't like the way it runs now when I need to do something with the line its a pain to pull in and out. Not sure the downtube would be much better to be honest

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.