Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

After 2+ years of flawless service my 150mm 34.9mm KS Lev Integra finally gave up on me and needs a rebuild. Plan on doing that and either keeping as a spare or selling as I'd like to get back up and running more quickly and also use the opportunity for a possible weight improvement.

I was planning on going with a KS Lev CI as I had good luck with the Integra, but was also considering Bikeyoke given all the great reviews. That said, neither is offered in a 34.9mm diameter, so I would have to shim my seat tube.

Couple questions relating to that:

1 - No worries with a quality shim and proper torque correct?
2 - Anyone have experience with smaller diameter posts offering reduced reliability?

If reliability isn't notably reduced I would probably go smaller (30.9 vs 31.6) just because of some (minimal) additional weight savings and flex for my stiffass carbon Honzo. Plus I figure I won't find myself with a new frame that has a 30.9 tube that my 31.6 dropper doesn't fit in.

Any big flaws to this logic?

Appreciate any thoughts,

Chase

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I used a problemsolver shim on my carbon frame. 31.6 shimmed down to 30.9 with no issues. If carbon frame just remeber carbon fiber paste

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.