Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
YESBRO!!!
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have an idea when they will be up online?

this was my first year racing there and i don't know how long it takes them to get posted.

·
Registered
780 Posts
weeks

datenschwanz said:
does anyone have an idea when they will be up online?

this was my first year racing there and i don't know how long it takes them to get posted.
Not sure how I did either - I bolted out of town to skip traffic.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
On Sunday morning they had results for Saturday posted on the wall. I have not seen anything posted on-line yet.

As the pro riders were coming across the line on Sunday they announced unofficial times for the first two rider. It was a very long time before unofficial times for any other rider was announced.

As a spectator, I wish more races would announce an unofficial time as each rider crosses the finish line. Apparently this is either very difficult to do or very expensive. Maybe they just want to keep it as a secret.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I stuck around for my awards on Saturday. they did not have the results up till 5pm and i did get out of there till 7pm. Last year the results were online in a couple days.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
Who was the MTBR guy with long hair taking pictures on the uphill? I remember everyone was pushing their bikes on that section, except this one lady went back 20 ft to ride a little bit for the photo op!

I'm simply amazed at people being able to finish in 2 hours. Even though I swore to myself during the ride I would never be crazy enough to do this again, I'll be back next year and hopefully cut an hour off my time.

·
NedwannaB
12,776 Posts
Award(s)??

merlin said:
I stuck around for my awards on Saturday. they did not have the results up till 5pm and i did get out of there till 7pm. Last year the results were online in a couple days.
Don't leave us in suspense now..........

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
NoBalance said:
Who was the MTBR guy with long hair taking pictures on the uphill? I remember everyone was pushing their bikes on that section, except this one lady went back 20 ft to ride a little bit for the photo op!

I'm simply amazed at people being able to finish in 2 hours. Even though I swore to myself during the ride I would never be crazy enough to do this again, I'll be back next year and hopefully cut an hour off my time.
I think that was Photo John. Eh?

Nice to meet you NB. I also saw / met Grrrah, Jeffh, ibikergal, merlin, (on the podium?) sirkrameroy, Zon, mtnbecky, and lotsa non-mtbr friends.

It was a fun race. I love Downieville!

Re results, I only know Jason Moeschler won the men's pro xc and Rachel LLoyd won the women's pro xc. I heard that Jason also set a course record, "for this course".

Morgan

·
mind taking
370 Posts
Can't wait to see the results. Talk about a hammer-fest, my legs are ruined! Hopefully I can spin them out before the Tahoe Gathering next weekend. Can't wait for next year, what an awesome weekend.

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
Morgan - nice meeting you as well. Wish I'd had more time to meet others but I was turning pale white every time my leg muscles cramped, which happened every time I used them. I know I'll enjoy this a lot more while going through the photos and recollecting over the next couple weeks.

Just happy to be alive at this point. You guys are all animals out there. You don't want to see my results. :mad:

However, if you do a www.motionbased.com "Quick Filter" and include the custom date of 7/14/07, and keyword of "downieville", you'll see the list of folks who've uploaded their times. My username is "krismb" and I started my Edge about a mile or so late. Don't ask about that 15 minute break I took, I needed it! ;)

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
JMac47 said:
Don't leave us in suspense now..........
LOL!
I'm too busy today to do a write. It will be up tomorrow for sure!
My local home boys kicked ass, Jason set a new course record, super nice guy, and a gifted rider! Teamate Chuck Ross......fastest time of any expert 2:03 :eek: I can't beleive that i actually ride with someone that is sooooooooooo much faster then me:madman: :madman:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Moeschler beat Weir by 2:30 or something on the XC, setting the course record at 1:52 or so! Holy moly. Weir got him by 20 seconds or so on the DH.

Yeah, Chuck Ross was in my class (Exp. Vet. 35-44)... his 2:03 would have earned him 3rd as a pro! Time to get some sponsors and move up, Chuck :thumbsup:

I beat my 2:20 goal by a minute and a half and am happy. Love that race.

jruth... you took 14th. My buddy won your class. I took a couple pix of the results board... sorry for the quality. Good on Weir for having some fun on the podium :D :

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
morganfletcher said:
Nice! What did you ride? How was traffic on the descent?

Morgan
I rode an old Blur with v-brakes! Had a few slower guys hold me up on baby heads and butcher, but otherwise, smooth sailing. There was lots of traffic on the climb...but that's my fault cause I got to the start when the gun went off, so I started in the way back. I figure my starting position (45 seconds to cross the starting line) equated to a couple minutes or more in my overall time. Oh well... I wasn't that close to a podium spot with this year's field of speedsters.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Damn, Chuck!

that's flying....nice job!

·
Registered
780 Posts
14th Place out of 22

OK so is last year 15/30 better than this year 14/22 ?

Last year I beat more people but more people also beat me.
This year I was beat by fewer people but also beat fewer people.

Or when you're 15th and 14th does it really even matter at all ?

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Sounds to me like

8 guys were so humbled by your awesomeness last year that they never left the keg, they didn't even show, and you simply blasted one more.

You rule.

·
Registered
780 Posts
ahahhahahahahah !! Good one

Berkeley Mike said:
8 guys were so humbled by your awesomeness last year that they never left the keg, they didn't even show, and you simply blasted one more.

You rule.

I like your style !

·
Registered
286 Posts
jhruth said:
Or when you're 15th and 14th does it really even matter at all ?
All that matters is that you had fun :thumbsup:

(With that said, my buddy's girlfriend - who is relatively new to mt. biking and rode a bike 1/3rd her weight - beat you by a couple minutes and won sport women...) :eek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts