Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That other thread is out of control. Who's coming, when are you leaving and what are you bringing?

Francois, Derek, Pineapplebob are leaving San Jose at 3pm Thursday.

We're bringing the kitchen sink. Can anyone transport an extra bike and the mtbr tent?

We have a rental bmw suv but it needs a roof rack (no hitch) anybody got one?

fc

·
Spin-stabilized
1,494 Posts
Me and my fiancee are arriving Friday AM, camping Friday night and will probably leave Saturday evening. She's got a soccer game early Sunday so we can't stay for the raffle.

We'll bring some stuff to grill and some EANABS. I'll have 5 bottles of Corona leftover from last Saturday's grad party. I don't know if anyone is into the light stuff but I'll bring it because we won't drink it (don't drink... anymore:D ).

See you guys later!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Me and my 16-year-old son are heading out on Thursday morning, bringing lots of camping stuff. I have a bunch of room in my truck to bring more gear. If need be, I can put a rack on the top for more gear and bikes. I have a mini back seat for more small people if they need a ride. My son is 6'4" tall, so he can't fit in the back. He's bringing his guitar and he loves to play. I know Jay is bringing his guitar, too. We have zero shuttles booked so far, so we're looking folks interested in self shuttle coordination. That's all I know for now. Oh. yeah, we're in the North Bay, so it would be tough to transport stuff from the South Bay without coordination of transport before Thursday.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yak rack...

francois said:
That other thread is out of control. Who's coming, when are you leaving and what are you bringing?

Francois, Derek, Pineapplebob are leaving San Jose at 3pm Thursday.

We're bringing the kitchen sink. Can anyone transport an extra bike and the mtbr tent?

We have a rental bmw suv but it needs a roof rack (no hitch) anybody got one?

fc
I have yakima cross bars and 2 fork mounted bike trays for it, with faring. Making the towers fit the BMW might be a problem though as it is set up to mount to the sliders in the yak tracks I have installed on my normal camper shell.

I'm leaving Monterey at about 8-10am on Thursday.....bringing the kitchen sink as well and picking up BigBoulder on the way up....

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'll be arriving Friday mid-day, but will not be at the camp ground as I'll be staying with my Dad and Son at a cabin so they can fish at the river.
Hope to hook-up with a group B ride on Saturday. Otherwise, I'll ride the race xc course and I'm sure bump into some MTBR folk on Pauley or 3rd Divide.

·
Registered
737 Posts
My plan on Troging Friday morning some time. I feel like I am bring everything I own plus some. I am using the river for my sink. Oh! and I may have to scrounge for food because the ice chest are full of beer and that is it:D

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
Me, wife Lauren, kids Sam and Lulu and I think also my friend Bob and his daughter Mieka. We'll all roll up in the Land Cruiser loaded with gear Thursday night, will stay through Sunday afternoon. I also told a dad from school (another Bob) who's bringing his two boys Miles and Mason. He's coming up in his own car, he'll probably rent a bike and do one of the B or C rides. We will also bring a big blow-up killer whale and other kid stuff. Sam and Lulu will have bikes, Miles and Mason too. I am hoping to do a loop with Sam out to Deer Lake and back one of the easy days.

Morgan

·
Registered
358 Posts
I am leaving Thursday around 2pm . Francis when i pick the fork up Wednesday evening maybe I can take some of your gear with me in my car i should have some room. If you let me ride your Nomad?

Mark

·
Fat Guy Riding
877 Posts
Myself and 5 others in a 35' diesel pusher RV, leaving Brentwood Thursday morning around 7 AM. Come say hi, we'll be in the white and blue Holida Rambler RV! See ya'll up there!

·
Registered
323 Posts
me and my friend danny are rolling up friday morning. does anyone have a link or info on where everyone's camping so we can get a game plan?

·
ROOOOOOOO
1,669 Posts
francois said:
That other thread is out of control.
You sir, are out of control.

I listed a bunch of stuff I'm bringing in the other thread, but the most important thing about my attendence is custom fabricated homemade baklava. If I can stay motivated, I'm gonna bust out some more sweets than that.

I'm rollin' up Friday am with Princess Patty of Passion.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Three of us coming for Sat riding. Got shuttle at 11:00am and planning to do BigBoulder ride at "B" pace.
Trying to get permit to leave Friday, but most likely would go Sat early morning :(

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
ibikergal, pocket, rensho and I plan on heading up Thursday with the van.

fc,

I can bring an extra bike if needed just let me know, no room for the ezup going lighter this year.

btw: last year the ezup's just seemed to be hanging bike racks since we were off riding all day. Pack Saddle seems to have a lot of shade in the morning and late afternoon.

I am also bringing the kitchen sink with 2000w of power and my new portable bike rack. :D

K-max if your drunken friends from SC need a ride I'm good to go for a Wednesday drop off.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I'm There

With a couple kegs from the alehouse comin with me:D :thumbsup:

Here is my ride schedule for the weekend...

Friday... leaving camp around 8:30am and heading out to Big Boulder trail then second divide. Coming back on the 2pm DO Shuttle.

Saturday...A+ ride leaves from camp at 9:30 and ends in Sierra City

Sunday...Probably end the weekend with a bomb down Butcher and 3rd.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.