Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, not surprisingly, the hotels and inn's all seem to be booked for the weekend of the Downieville race. Are there camp grounds with showers/toilets available? Last time I did the XC race a few years ago, I left my house at 4:30 a.m. the morning of the race, and that wasn't a good idea.

Also, does anyone know how soon the XC course will be marked for the race?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
GMM said:
Okay, not surprisingly, the hotels and inn's all seem to be booked for the weekend of the Downieville race. Are there camp grounds with showers/toilets available? Last time I did the XC race a few years ago, I left my house at 4:30 a.m. the morning of the race, and that wasn't a good idea.

Also, does anyone know how soon the XC course will be marked for the race?
it wasn't marked on saturday. ;) with 3 maps and a GPS we only took one wrong turn. there are a few turns that have no marking at all. and one turn that the map I bought at yuba didn't even show a branch.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
A bunch of the camp sites along 49 are first come first served types, so if you take an extra day or two in head start you will likely be able to secure one. Showers are a bit taller order. I don't know which of the sites have them.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
dscot420 said:
A bunch of the camp sites along 49 are first come first served types, so if you take an extra day or two in head start you will likely be able to secure one. Showers are a bit taller order. I don't know which of the sites have them.
i jump in the river after the ride. seems to mitigate the stink and is very refreshing.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
There are no campgrounds with showers that I know of (and I spend a lot of time in the area) in the immediate area; closest I can think of is Johnsville over in Plumas Natl Forest outside of Graeagle. There are several sites along rivers if you don't mind cold water; sunshowers can work in the sunnier sites. The Union76 in town has showers available (yes, they used to be closed but they changed ownership and are available again), but they don't stay open very late either. Generally you have to get there early for the better campsites, too; if you want to book a room you need to think waaay in advance.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, at least I know I haven't overlooked anything obvious accomodations. I will either leave very early from the East Bay Area again, or stay with friends in Sacramento to save a couple of hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.