ski jackets, others wished they had brought more. it was cold and
spit snow on us most of the day. the only way to stay warm was to
keep working, which kept the lunch break short. it was so cold that
the gas froze in the fuel lines of the pionjar, and after about an
hour of messing with it, we got it started. the last
effort of the day was from 11 year old Marcel, who got to pull the
string on the Boulder Buster and watch as rocks flew through the air
and the river canyon was filled with an enormous KABOOM. he was
pretty excited about that. this is Marcel's 2nd Trail Daze event.

The SBTS Trail Crew will be working all winter and spring to construct the new section of the North Yuba Trail between Downieville and Goodyears Bar. Once complete, you will be able to ride from Packer Saddle to Bullards Bar. In total this ride will be over 40 miles, all singletrack. Our next volunteer Trail Daze event is January 10. www.sierratrails.org Join us and help construct this 7 mile section of flowing goodness. The Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship is a 501c3 non-profit and all donations are tax deductible. Every cash donation made over the winter months goes directly into the North Yuba Trail fund, to pay our Trail Crew and to purchase needed equipment to complete the job. So, if you can't make it up for a volunteer Trail Daze event, giving a tax-deductible donation will work too. Cheers

Yuba still has NEW Santa Cruz Blur LT2 frames at ridiculous end-of-season prices. here's the list of frames, along with a few demo bikes. Give us a call if you want to strike a deal on one of these. 530-289-3010 or www.yubaexpeditions.com/pages/bikedemos.html

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Downieville to Forest City- historic connection

the Downieville to Forest City route was heavily used during the gold rush by mule trains hauling supplies back and forth. most of the original tread still exists, although it has been bulldozed over in spots and trees have started to grow in the tread. from Downieville, the route follows a 5-10% grade up through Slug Canyon, over the shoulder of Yomana, and then into the north side of Forest City. there is some private property that would have to be handled, either through a recreational trail easement or trail realignment. but the majority of the route is on public property. once the Downieville to Goodyears Bar connection is finished, SBTS hopes to partner with Sierra County, Tahoe National Forest, and Forest Trails Alliance, to develop a plan for reconstructing the route.

with trail funding almost non-existent these days, it will more than likely have to be volunteer built

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.