Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shortcutting Hikabiker
3,219 Posts
I love mines and mining history for some reason, I think they are cool. Except for mountain top removal or huge strip mines, those aren't so cool. I need to figure out a way to get rich digging holes.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Kevin G said:
Am I the only one who thinks that riding along high ridges doesn't seem fun? I like to have a proper wipe out zone on each side of me. :D
That ridge at Downieville has some very narrow sections and if you slip up the results can be fatal depending on if you hit water or rocks first. I dabbed my foot once half-on/half-off a sheer drop and I'd have to say that's the closest to death I've ever been on an MTB. I love that part of the trail tho, gets your adrenaline pumping! We have an even better one out here in the Columbia River Gorge called Syncline with a drop of over 600 feet if you screw up. A couple years ago one unlucky rider (fairly well known Hood River local and no novice either!) missed a turn and punched his ticket.

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
I guess I have good blinders. I hardly even notice drop offs like that when I'm riding. Nice wide trail.... no reason to ride off it. Very cool trail though.

Coupla pics. There's a 60 foot cliff off to the side on the last three. This is on 2nd Divide.
First two are Pauley Creek Bridge and Big Boulder..... Fun stuff.

Attachments

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
KRob said:
I guess I have good blinders. I hardly even notice drop offs like that when I'm riding. Nice wide trail.... no reason to ride off it. Very cool trail though.

Coupla pics. There's a 60 foot cliff off to the side on the last three. This is on 2nd Divide.
First two are Pauley Creek Bridge and Big Boulder..... Fun stuff.
Sweet pic's :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.