Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
mtb'er
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let the fun, anticipation, stress, training, smack, whining, pain and euphoria begin!

http://www.downievilleclassic.com/

Says registration opens tomorrow night (March 11)... although those who qualified last year can reg after April 1st.

Anyone on here qualify?

Interesting change in the format. All-Mountain champ is no longer determined by cumulative time. There's a points system... which essentially means that if you're a crazy fast climber/xc guy that can put 6+ minutes on your competitors in the XC race, you're not gonna win All-Mountain World Championship with a fast but "safe" DH time. Let's call it "the Decker Rule" :D

Under this system, using last year's Pro results, Weir wins it with 290 pts, Craig takes 2nd with 270 pts, Moeschler and Decker tie with 220 pts, with Moeschler grabbing 3rd overall due to a faster DH time than Decker.

Discuss.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Yes! I'll start the whining: I can't wait to get super fired up about this, go out too hard, cramp and limp home an hour after my goal!

Just kidding, this year is going to be different.....

I love Downieville (kind of).

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
WTF!!! I didn't get in!!! The Organizers must burn in eternal HELL FIRE!!!! They have ruined the Downieville Classic. I remember when I used to bomb my Shwinn Stingray down these trails and now it's too crowded and my life is ruined!!!

Oh wait. Registration is tomorrow...nevermind.

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
I want to see Lance and Levi enter the all-mountain race. How would they do? I know they can both rip singletrack, but could they SHRED THE GNAR? Lance vs. Weir. That would be some race.

By the way, check out that homepage:

http://www.cannondale.com/

·
NedwannaB
12,784 Posts
Money

K-max said:
I want to see Lance and Levi enter the all-mountain race. How would they do? I know they can both rip singletrack, but could they SHRED THE GNAR? Lance vs. Weir. That would be some race
Mine woud be on Levi.

·
Totally, and to the max.
2,555 Posts
He'd probably enter it if he wasn't so preoccupied with that "other" race at the same timeframe.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I want to see you Kyle do it on that fancy painted hardtail climbing machine you built up :) Maybe add a rigid fork..you'd be rockin :)

So does just the all-mountain sell out quickly or is it hard to get into the XC race as well?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Nice. Arent you supposed to be building me up and boosting my confidence? :)

·
190lbs of climber
1,538 Posts
Levi would get slaughtered... he's no mountain biker. I rode his wheel down the first 1-2 miles descent at Sonomas last August, but I shouldn't have let him have the courtesy hole-shot. If I was ahead I would've put a minute at least into him on that descent, and it wasn't even technical. Of course, then he would only have beaten me by 8 minutes instead of 9 in the end!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts