Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be at our house in Tahoe this week and was thinking of riding both, but was curious what the conditions are like in both places. Anyone been to either recently and can give me an update?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was at Northstar last weekend a lot of it is getting pretty blown out as usual. The trail crew has been doing some nice work on Livewire and Gypsy and they built some new stuff on Sticks and Stones recently. The trail crew is much more active than they have been the last few years.

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,961 Posts
If you have to ask.
Its dry.
Its good.
Its uncrowded.
There is no snow.
Its the time of year where you shouldnt have to ask.
Go.
Nite-nite. :sleep:

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
I was in Downieville last weekend. Lotta water flowing through the "creeks". Butcher is bumped out and loose...but isn't it always? I would say though, that it's not that dusty. Not as dusty as I've seen it. 3rd was great.

I would say that compared to most years, conditions are better considering it's already Aug. It also hasn't been as hot as recent years.

Note: On sunday when we left, it rained a bit but the tstorms seemed pretty isolated. It was raining in downieville but when we went back to our campground (Wild plum) just 6 mi NE, not a drop fell. Dunno if the trails actually got any rain.

·
Dirt Deviant
3,694 Posts
Just got back from a long weekend at Downieville, got there early friday and hit the 2pm shuttle.
It was great up there, but a little on the warm side near town.
A little dust, but nothing terrible.
Now is the time!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
jpine93 said:
Going to be at our house in Tahoe this week and was thinking of riding both, but was curious what the conditions are like in both places. Anyone been to either recently and can give me an update?
conditions are... dry, hot, dusty & blown out! otherwise, it's still fun. did Downieville this weekend & the river was the big pay off @ the end of the day. do both if you can, warm up with Northstar first, then Downieville will feel smooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts