Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
MoabMonster
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Itseems that DH is a "lost art" in the u.s.
It seems that we are all considered "Rogues" by other bike groups. It gets so tiring...
As tho we have Leprocy and cannot be trusted... I'm moving to Canada where gravity riding is the national sport...

·
I bike long tyme.
1,106 Posts
I never get that vibe from other riders (xc hammerheads & roadies) here on the east coast. They all are usually very engaging and curious about the bike, riding techniques, etc.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Secace said:
I never get that vibe from other riders (xc hammerheads & roadies) here on the east coast. They all are usually very engaging and curious about the bike, riding techniques, etc.
Same here.

OP, you must be out on the west coast...full of whiny, hippie liberals that like to complain about everything that doesn't suit their agenda. (IDK for real...just speculating)

·
Slow Patrol
438 Posts
I am in the SoCal LA area and there ARE total a-holes out here or just a higher percentage. A friend at work who does not ride, and others at his Tuesday coffee club have been yelled at on trails to get out of the way or had to jump off the trail to keep from being hit.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Secace said:
Here in Western NY the XC guys look at us like outlaws. On the local MTB forums they thrash us for our suggestions to make local trails more exciting to ride. I can't stand it!

I guess having no local DH areas makes them clueless to the sport. They are all glorified roadies that have no desire to ride anything more than smoothed out dirt paths. It's gay!

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Are you kidding me? The leprosy treatment was much worse 12 years ago. It's allmost like we're accepted now compared to then.

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
I was at a party about a month ago, the conversation went like this.

Me: "Oh, so you have a condo in Winter Park Huh? You do a lot of DHing?" XC Tool: No man, I earn my way to the top. I don't like DH'ers" Me: "Really? Well I'm a DH'er, been doing it about 10 years. It's a rush." XC Tool: Oh, well I just think you need to earn your way to the top. Me: "Dude, when I'm on my trail bike, I out-climb everyone in my group, and I beat them back to the bottom. I don't need to earn squat when I'm on my DH rig. I'd like to see you climb my 50 lb. M1 to the top of a mountain." XC Tool: We'll I just think you need to earn you way to the top. Me: At this point I just walked away. This guy was a complete idiot.

He left shortly after that. All this idiot could say way "Earn you way to the top." My wife was saying that I need to be nice to this guy cause he's got a condo in WP, maybe we could rent it for cheap from him. I said screw this jacko. He didn't say he didn't like DH, he said he didn't like DH'ers. I seriously wanted to beat his head in.

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Next time you see that xc tool, you can say something like; "I earn my way to the top, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week."

·
Registered
134 Posts
rep_1969 said:

Me: "Oh, so you have a condo in Winter Park Huh? You do a lot of DHing?" XC Tool: No man, I earn my way to the top. I don't like DH'ers" Me: "Really? Well I'm a DH'er, been doing it about 10 years. It's a rush." XC Tool: Oh, well I just think you need to earn your way to the top. Me: "Dude, when I'm on my trail bike, I out-climb everyone in my group, and I beat them back to the bottom. I don't need to earn squat when I'm on my DH rig. I'd like to see you climb my 50 lb. M1 to the top of a mountain." XC Tool: We'll I just think you need to earn you way to the top. Me: At this point I just walked away. This guy was a complete idiot.

He left shortly after that. All this idiot could say way "Earn you way to the top." My wife was saying that I need to be nice to this guy cause he's got a condo in WP, maybe we could rent it for cheap from him. I said screw this jacko. He didn't say he didn't like DH, he said he didn't like DH'ers. I seriously wanted to beat his head in.
There's tools in every group.

I don't judge anyone for the way they like to ride their bike. If you're out having fun on a bike you're cool by me.

·
KoNa KiD
325 Posts
Gemini2k05 said:
Is "earn my way to the top" code for "masturbate alone every night cause I'm a big tool"?
HAHHAHAHAH i spit chips on my monitor when i read that.... great

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Gemini2k05 said:
Is "earn my way to the top" code for "masturbate alone every night cause I'm a big tool"?
hey now, no need to bash the chronic masterbaters!

but seriously, get your panties out of a bunch and step up to the plate and try and put out and some help for the local scene. Increase trail access. Help out at the races. Put up a good appearance and show people what its about.

http://cbs4denver.com/video/[email protected]

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think it's hilarious that you said gravity riding is the national sport in Canada. I think a few million rabid ice hockey fans might disagree with you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hesh to Steel said:
I think it's hilarious that you said gravity riding is the national sport in Canada. I think a few million rabid ice hockey fans might disagree with you.
followed by the fans of the nation's second most popular sport, Curling.

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
Hesh to Steel said:
Actually it is Lacrosse. Or it was until a few years ago, when we got two national sports.

summer - lacrosse
winter - hockey

I'll vote Gravity for one season, and hockey for the other, but only cause I don't like riding in several feet of snow.

michael

·
Pedaler of dirt
903 Posts
boogenman said:
On the local MTB forums they thrash us for our suggestions to make local trails more exciting to ride. I can't stand it!
We get the same crap, no hills or mountains here, but when a tree falls across the trail, I'd rather build on it to make some thing interesting, whereas the local roadie/xc wannabies would rather cut it out and leave the trail flat.:madman:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
rep_1969 said:

Should have told him you earned a "lifetime pass" and showed him your scars.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts