Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever been?
I'm planning on making a trip next weekend and am wondering what to expect.
any comparison to other east coast hills?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
stoneblender
380 Posts
Umm, Sugarbush is certainly awesome, but very different than Mount Snow. Check the pics in the Cyclone and Jumps, pumps, rocks and berms threads.

Here are some video links too.

Enjoy!

John

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sugarbush is certainly a lot of fun to ride and worth a visit. I rode there 3 times last summer and each time there was something new to explore.
John - with all the rain this week, can you give an update on the conditions? The mountain opens for lift served riding at Noon on Friday, the 27th, right?

·
stoneblender
380 Posts
The rain keeps coming, but most of the trails drain well, so it shouldn't be an issue. We continue to work on improving the drainage too.

We will have a soft opening on Friday the 27th, the official opening day is the 28th. Please come and check it out!

The terrain park is looking awesome!

John

·
stoneblender
380 Posts
Sugarbush opens today!

Sugarbush opens today at noon and Super Bravo spins until 6:30!

Chances are very good that Patrick Kell and I will be leading a free Mad River Riders/ VMBA group tour at 6:15 from the top of Bravo down the mountain and then either Plum Line to the Snowmaking Pond on RT 100 in Warren or over to the Cyclone and finish at the corner of RT 17 and 100. Look for us, if you are interested.

Both routes require some climbing, between 300' - 600' total, but also drop 1200-1400'. I've ridden all these trails on my 44lb Stinky with 3" tires, if that helps. Some pushing may be required, but not a huge amount. We may have a shuttle car parked, but also will probably have to be a little creative to get back to the base area. The ride should finish by 8pm.

Regardless, there's swimming and refreshments close by to each of the finishes, for those who have to wait at the bottom.

Hope to see you out here!

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.