Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just want some information. I am in the military and am moving to FT Leornard Wood MO, this coming May, coming from Germany. I have searched the internet for downhill parks and trails in that area and have found nothing so far.

So if anyone from this area could respond to this post i would greatly appreciate it, Or anyone who wants to ride with me when i get there, let me know. I own a 2007 cannondale perp 2 and love to ride all the time. Thanks!!

·
DIRTYAMERICAN
334 Posts
I'm not sure where in Missouri that place is but there are some DH races/rides down south at Devil's Den State Park in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Chadwick, MO (near Springfield) has some DH trails but no chairlifts. There are freeriders in Kansas City and St Louis...and I think there's a dual slalom course in Columbia.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Not much downhill action in Missouri, but you are real close to some great trails. Try Kaintuck sometime, it's near Newburg. You might also want to hit Sac River in Springfield and head to Potosi for Berryman, Council Bluff, and Middle Fork. But wait till all the fallen trees get cleared. Welcome to Ft. Lost in the Woods!

·
mucho aggro
209 Posts
welcome to MO!

their are downhill section(s) @ the Chubb Trail - they are pretty long are wonderfully fast - and if you park at the railroad tracks, it's pretty sweet - even if you push your bike up the hill! Couple KILLER cliffs (6'+ and 9'+ - landings are kinda quick and tight) but it's a damn good trail....and you'll have fun!

Lemme know what you find out about Chadwick...sounds kind cool!

best,

åaron

·
mucho aggro
209 Posts
lil hillbilly said:
Chadwick has some great vert., but knowing the trails is half the battle. We had a DH race last year so that cource is still their minus the ladders.
aight....i smell a road trip when the weather warms up!

what happened to the ladders, did you have to take them down?

seriously, i'd love to check Chadwick out!

aaron

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm up near KC, but make trips about once a month down to Arkansas to do DH shuttle runs with some folks from Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas. There's a few good shuttle trails down there from when there was a DH race series. The runs are under 4 minutes, but a lot of fun. Here's a little vid from our trip to Cass this past weekend.

·
mucho aggro
209 Posts
that's awesome stuff - we'll have to plot out bringing the STL and KC freeride groups together for a camping/riding weekend.

got any linkage for CASS? is it a state park or ?

aaron

·
DIRTYAMERICAN
334 Posts
There's been interest for years now to get biking going at Snow Creek. The DH/slopestyle-like event is still, as far as I know, just a concept and I haven't seen any plans written in stone yet. I wouldn't hold your breath for one but hopefully, someday, there will be something going on out there. I"ll try to get some pics posted of Chadwick.

·
Registered
38 Posts
amorphous said:
that's awesome stuff - we'll have to plot out bringing the STL and KC freeride groups together for a camping/riding weekend.

got any linkage for CASS? is it a state park or ?

aaron
Cass is the closest little town, but the trails are actually part of https://www.byrdsadventurecenter.com/ Devils den has tons of trails and one dedicated DH course with rock gardens, steeps, fireroad, single track and 2 road gaps including the finish line with a 35 foot gap. It'd be fun to get a bunch of people to meet down there and shuttle. One of the Dallas guys did a bunch of work down there over xmas. Here's some pics he posted up.
top road gap

bermage

Rawk garden

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok guys im flyin into springfield 16 May in route to Ft. Leonard Wood. Let me know if anyone in the area that does enjoy DH that wants to link up to show me the trails, i have a truck to shuttle with as well!! Local trails Bike Parks ect!!!!! IM READY TO RIDE!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.