Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all

and thanks in advance for the help.

i would really appreciate your help in finding an online store that sells those rear derailleur protectors? They are essentially a thick metal rod that covers the entire rear derailleur and protects it in case of a side fall.

thanks so much

my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
736 Posts
are you talking about those things that come on the kiddie bikes??? I work at a shop and the only thing I can think of are those kiddie bike's that have a rear der. protector.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Why????

Why the hell would you need that? A solution to a non-problem. Who cares if you scratch you POS $70 rear derailleur. Just ride man! i'd worry more about a broken derailleur hanger than i would scratchin' up rear the derailleur... Learn to ride without bangin' the damn thing. find some kids bike and steal it! or ask nicely they may just give it to ya! :D

·
Banned
683 Posts
I say just quit. When you are worried about some kind of roll cage for your derailer..it is over. Just stop it!!

brado1 said:
Why the hell would you need that? A solution to a non-problem. Who cares if you scratch you POS $70 rear derailleur. Just ride man! i'd worry more about a broken derailleur hanger than i would scratchin' up rear the derailleur... Learn to ride without bangin' the damn thing. find some kids bike and steal it! or ask nicely they may just give it to ya! :D

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
kawboy8 said:
I say just quit. When you are worried about some kind of roll cage for your derailer..it is over. Just stop it!!
true dat

must be some rich kid who keeps his bike for show, not for actual riding :rolleyes:

soon, someones gonna invent a forcefield that convers ur bike so itll always stay mint and clean

hell, y not cover ur whole bike in tires

·
Banned
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
VIA said:
40bux for that sh!t...I can get 2 used 105's for that money. (sorry for my ghetto mentality ;))
i'm with via on this one... just get a smaller derailleur, or stop riding your bike.... it sucks worrying about your parts (that should be the last thing that you should worry about)

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
congonic said:
hello to all

and thanks in advance for the help.

i would really appreciate your help in finding an online store that sells those rear derailleur protectors? They are essentially a thick metal rod that covers the entire rear derailleur and protects it in case of a side fall.

thanks so much

my email is [email protected]
Man you got to be a NOOB :confused:
I got to agree with everyone else here!!!!
Just ride the damn thing

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chikity China said:
true dat

must be some rich kid who keeps his bike for show, not for actual riding :rolleyes:

soon, someones gonna invent a forcefield that convers ur bike so itll always stay mint and clean

hell, y not cover ur whole bike in tires
Wondering who's acting like a rich kid (and retaded at that) ......... is it the one trying to find a way to prtect the derailleur because maybe he doesn't have the money to buy a new one or is it the @ss saying .... trash and buy a new one ....;

Some people have some issues with their relation to money on this forum.....

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
im not

Mista D said:
Wondering who's acting like a rich kid (and retaded at that) ......... is it the one trying to find a way to prtect the derailleur because maybe he doesn't have the money to buy a new one or is it the @ss saying .... trash and buy a new one ....;

im by all means not a rich kid or a kid at all . i worked hard for what bikes i own. my point was that by the time you actual bash your rear der to make it fall off a 50$ der is all u need to replace it. Deralurs can actualy take a beating... just buy a few 10$ der hangers. the ones that are suposed to bend or break before you trash your deralure. ither its me or ive been lucky cuz ive never broken a rear deralure, just scuffed em up a bit.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Mista D said:

....u tryin to start sumthin?.......

phs, problems with relation to money, the protector is a fvckin waste of money. only a tool whos paranoid about every component breaking would ever need one :rolleyes:
chainguide, downtube, and fork guards actually serve a purpose.............

so a company comes out with covers for ur seat that keep em dry and clean and "it costs less than a new seat" (but is a total waste of money) would u buy one?

not trash it and buy new, more like ride and buy when breaks

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Deweydude said:
Man you got to be a NOOB :confused:
I got to agree with everyone else here!!!!
Just ride the damn thing
I kind of disagree with everyone. I of thought about getting one that I see on childrens bikes. We ride around a lot of rocks. I use to get my cable loop (XTR) pulled off all the time. Now with Sram I don't worry about that.

Now protecting the derailer....Something more as a deflector, than an extra way to hold the derailer on.....just my .02

·
Registered
377 Posts
O~Hi~O said:
are you talking about those things that come on the kiddie bikes??? I work at a shop and the only thing I can think of are those kiddie bike's that have a rear der. protector.
Those are bolted into the fender eylets, and only designed for protection during SHIPPING, not crashes. The store is supposed to remove them before sale, as with the little plastic "mushroom caps" on the ends of the axle bolts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The annonymity of the internet is a terrible thing.

You're all so quick to rip on this kid for asking a question. So the F what if he's a "NOOB".

A lot of you should think about spending more time riding, and less time typing.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
schwaaa31 said:
The annonymity of the internet is a terrible thing.

You're all so quick to rip on this kid for asking a question. So the F what if he's a "NOOB".

A lot of you should think about spending more time riding, and less time typing.
wooohoooohoooo lookie here

i used to be and kinda am still a noob but do i ask retarded questions or make posts capable of starting a massive flame war? nooooooooooooooooo

even noobs have brains okie dokey?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Chikity China said:
wooohoooohoooo lookie here

i used to be and kinda am still a noob but do i ask retarded questions or make posts capable of starting a massive flame war? nooooooooooooooooo

even noobs have brains okie dokey?
I think it was a valid question...I never thought of it as a flame

AND I WAS REAL SURPRISED WITH THE RESPONSE BY EVERYONE

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.