Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DIRT FIEND
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be able to do a typical NorCal downhill race what skill level should you be at. I currently race xc and on the road and want to get into some DH racing but dont want to get in over my head in my first race. I can do Black diamond trails at N* no problem but havent tried doing the drops on the double black runs. What size drops typically are in a downhill race? I can do like 2 footers on my xc bike but havent really done much bigger. thx

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Beg. and Sport there is usually nothing big, the doubles are like under 15' and alot of times you will overshoot them. At N* there is one that nobody I saw go by in BEG Sort even did except my friend, drop wise probably nothing more than 4' high.

·
DIRT FIEND
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ha ha ha ha

you are TOO god damn funny :rolleyes:

MarzocchiFork said:
You must beat level 5 without cheatcodes, and unlock a dh bike by completing all side missions.

:rolleyes:

·
Absurd
919 Posts
Give some of the local ones a try in beginner class and see how it goes. There should be an event in Livermore somewhere around March, it was the Groovy Gravity Games last year, I dont know what it will be called this year. Sea Otter is also a local race with an easy course to get your feet wet on. Over the summer N* has it's own series, if you like riding there, just give one race a try (just bring your own timing system! ;) ) I wouldn't worry too much about big drops and jumps on dh race courses, they have them, but they're never that big, and on beg and sport courses, there's usually go-around lines by the stunt stuff.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,000 Posts
you will be fine in beginner or sport...with your pedal background you will probally be in the top 5....go race and have fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts