Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
this years corrall hollow downhill (CHDH) race will be held at carnegie state recreation area in livermore, california on march 25-26, 2006. this is the same location as last years groovy gravity games. we could not use groovy gravity in the name, due to the fact that oln bought the rights to "gravity games". team wrong way will not be holding the race this year, but they will involved. the race will take place in the same part of carnegie as it did last year. the downhill course will be a little different, although some parts of the course will remain the same, we will have some new twists and turns.

we are still looking for volunteers to help build the course, shuttle truck drivers, course marshalls and peopel to help with the course breakdown. if you have any interest in being part of norcal grassroots dh, please email me with your contact info. you will be able to register on the CHDH website, it should be up and running any day now. i will keep you posted with any new details.

this year, every racer will recieve a CHDH t-shirt! entry fees will cost about the same as last year.
video clips from last years race :
http://www.alloutprodux.com/vidgallery.html
http://www.petefagerlin.com/cavid.htm
thanks,Blake
[email protected]
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
That was quite the experience, had a great time in the clay slippin, slidin & spinnin. Grass on you right, grass on your right :p
I still say if it looks ifey send the Pro's & hot shots last & let the kids & elders go beffor the clay comes into play ;). My son was asking me sat if it rains are we still racing? yup we paid we are racing it wont be the best but the experience is worth it! No i wont race in those conditions again though, yes i did have fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
dogonfr said:
That was quite the experience, had a great time in the clay slippin, slidin & spinnin. Grass on you right, grass on your right :p
I still say if it looks ifey send the Pro's & hot shots last & let the kids & elders go beffor the clay comes into play ;). My son was asking me sat if it rains are we still racing? yup we paid we are racing it wont be the best but the experience is worth it! No i wont race in those conditions again though, yes i did have fun.
If it rains next year /06 we have the following weekend booked to race !
So get warmed up for the sea otter at the CHDH,You'll go about 20 miles an hour faster too.
 

·
Innovate or die!
Joined
·
702 Posts
hey bro, go to www.usacycling.com and go to the event organizers section! It would be UBER sick to have the race sanctioned by NORBA (i.e. nationals qualifier, counts for points).

I have heard it is not that hard to do, and you would draw a much bigger crowd, not to mention really helping to support local DH racers!

Thanks, we are all lookin forward to it.
 

·
Innovate or die!
Joined
·
702 Posts
FYI the northstar races and mammoth races were NORBA sanctioned, not to hard for a small event. Sweeet.
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
Is'nt there a catch that you need a NORBA license to race? My son & i went through the NORBA stuff a few years back & it wasnt all that. If the people running the event didnt turn the result into NORBA you of course wernt given the points for that race. Have they tightended things up so event organizers submit results or is the money going into someones pocket? Not ragin just questioning?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.


the mud slide was too funny!!!!!! & Norba rules will aply BUT you will Not need a norba license . This is a grassroots race!
 

·
noMAD man
Joined
·
12,220 Posts
Dang, dog, that looks like another greased pig contest...LOL. You know, I've become a total party pooper when it comes to riding in the rain or muddy conditions. For so many years I raced a state enduro motorcycle race circuit, and if you wanted to stay in the points, you ran no matter what the conditions...and races were almost never called off due to weather. I even won my first trophy in a mud run, but anymore I like riding for fun, and I guess I've been ruined cause I don't find riding in mud any fun. You can't make aggressive moves on the bike very well, and it wreaks havoc on the equipment...plus in our area it absolutely destroys the trails. Well, enough of my mud rant. That's a cool pic, anyway. There had to be some funny carnage at the bottom of that pig slop.
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
TNC said:
Dang, dog, that looks like another greased pig contest...LOL. You know, I've become a total party pooper when it comes to riding in the rain or muddy conditions. For so many years I raced a state enduro motorcycle race circuit, and if you wanted to stay in the points, you ran no matter what the conditions...and races were almost never called off due to weather. I even won my first trophy in a mud run, but anymore I like riding for fun, and I guess I've been ruined cause I don't find riding in mud any fun. You can't make aggressive moves on the bike very well, and it wreaks havoc on the equipment...plus in our area it absolutely destroys the trails. Well, enough of my mud rant. That's a cool pic, anyway. There had to be some funny carnage at the bottom of that pig slop.
I dont blame you for being a party pooper on this thye of stuff. Had my 17 yr old son with me he was racing also, meant i had to go out & do this. My son was saying lets go home & the old man said what dafark we paid we race, we did have fun. The bottom of that berm was a slop fest. As for the damage clay & mud do to a bike, couldnt let my kid back down from this. Meant i had alot of work to do later. Pic of my son getting ready to go down.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
Ok, gunna revive this thread and ask if anyone is planning on riding there this week or this weekend.

I was thinking of going out there and checking it out. I'd be coming from Roseville.

-Javier
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
J_B said:
Ok, gunna revive this thread and ask if anyone is planning on riding there this week or this weekend.

I was thinking of going out there and checking it out. I'd be coming from Roseville.

-Javier
Hay pooch wake up, oh thats a picture, keeping it alive :)
 

·
P-51 Crew Chief #38
Joined
·
603 Posts
j6105 said:
FYI the northstar races and mammoth races were NORBA sanctioned, not to hard for a small event. Sweeet.
N* is not NORBA!!! NORBA sucks for small event if you want to turn a profit.
 

·
Kill that $hit!
Joined
·
809 Posts
dhtahoe said:
N* is not NORBA!!! NORBA sucks for small event if you want to turn a profit.
HA! I havn't seen you on here sence last year at this time.

I doubt I'll be goin out this weekend. Prolly be riding Pacifica instead. Blake's doin a digging day for the course up there tomarrow though.....
 

·
paparazzi tee
Joined
·
339 Posts
yeah hopefully we're going to helmetcam the whole run fri. when it's done n
link it up on the chdh site so people can checkitout......
 

·
P-51 Crew Chief #38
Joined
·
603 Posts
MorphineAddict said:
HA! I havn't seen you on here sence last year at this time.

I doubt I'll be goin out this weekend. Prolly be riding Pacifica instead. Blake's doin a digging day for the course up there tomarrow though.....
Yeah I've been racing "other stuff", but the guy that's the pilot of the race plane I work on is sponsoring me for a season to say thanks for our win last year. So I will se you all at GGG riding for Lake Air INC./ Santa Cruz.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Top