Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· May The Force Be With You
2,730 Posts
well, the winter Olympics has Downhill skiing... I've heard the excuse about finding venues and call that B.S. Next location is France. France has Les Gets. After that Mammoth or Big Bear/Snow Summit are available for the L.A. Olympics. I'm surprised the IOC hasn't made Shuffle Board, Foosball, Beer Pong and Corn Hole events yet. they have the other bar games, Ping pong, darts, billiards. Maybe Tough Mudder and Ninja Challenge

Reactions: stripes

· Registered
8,461 Posts
It is complex. The three big ones I know of.

1. Probably the biggest hurdle is to add DH another cycling event would have to go. XC replaced the 100km team time trial. BMX replace a track event.

2. My information is that XC racing is the single most expensive event to film. DH would cost just as much or more.

3. There is a perception that DH is a gear sport. What bike you have makes a real difference. I am not sure this true but that is the perception. Gear sports they generally (there are so many exceptions) keep out of the olympics. Motor cross for example.

2,730 Posts
too far away is just another chicken poo excuse. Surfing is a prime example. Not many waves near Paris.

2,730 Posts
Without any other info I would've guessed the road race would be more difficult to shoot but I can barely operate a GoPro :D
"expensive to film".. just another excuse. the operating costs of helicopters to film far out weighs the cost of setting cameras

· Registered
4,070 Posts
An urban downhill course would be fine.

Look at kayaking, is a staged machine made river.

Also, I am just curious, other than for gambling purpose in Japan, how many people actually watches track racing, Keirin? Growing up, how many people aspired to be the next track cycling champion?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.