Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Use this space for what?
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone knows the proper way to say downhill mountain biking in French? It's for a speech I have to do tomorrow
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dh In FrEnCH!

Easiest question ever...In Quebec Province we say "Descente"..So in fact, you are owning and riding a "vélo de descente"...I'm French ;)

·
Use this space for what?
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RiDe66 said:
Easiest question ever...In Quebec Province we say "Descente"..So in fact, you are owning and riding a "vélo de descente"...I'm French ;)
Merci beaucoup! (How could I forget about Quebec, I lived next to it for 13 years... der)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Cozza said:
Merci beaucoup! (How could I forget about Quebec, I lived next to it for 13 years... der)
OoO It's nice to hear someone making effort to thank someone in a language other than it's own! Why are you making a speech in french about downhill?

And are you doing this sport or it's just a school thing...Ya I'm "chating":p ...Because I'm doing this sport for many years (Got an M3) and I'm eating bike part for dinner!HaHa

Finally, what was the name of the city you said that was next to Quebec? Sorry for mistake...English is not my own language ;)

·
Use this space for what?
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RiDe66 said:
OoO It's nice to hear someone making effort to thank someone in a language other than it's own! Why are you making a speech in french about downhill?

And are you doing this sport or it's just a school thing...Ya I'm "chating":p ...Because I'm doing this sport for many years (Got an M3) and I'm eating bike part for dinner!HaHa

Finally, what was the name of the city you said that was next to Quebec? Sorry for mistake...English is not my own language ;)
I do do this sport. It's a short speech about things we want to do, I said I'm going to race this summer.
I lived in Ontario from when I was born until I was 13, we lived near Toronto, ON.

tacubaya said:
VTT de descence
I suppose either one of those would work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.