Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
That's awesome. Thanks for posting the video. It was Missy Giove's Cannondale Fulcrum (this one) that originally got me wanting to get into mountain biking.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's awesome. Thanks for posting the video. It was Missy Giove's Cannondale Fulcrum (this one) that originally got me wanting to get into mountain biking.
Thanks...

Richmond upon Thames | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
First image upload on mtbr, tits up??

My frame wont take a wider rear than the 700x40 fitted........ I need a new frame!!!

Love the simplicity of my alloy 29er with a Karate Monkey front end (used to have very cheap front sus) any suggestions for a 29er frame based on my babe above city/urban/tow path/deer parks and love to get into Downhill on a shoestring... Tring is my local UK D/H any thoughts?

How do I display a photo without a link?

·
Registered
940 Posts
When did dual crown forks & slacker geo start? Is there one bike/one company that sort of started it all & led to what DH bikes are today?

First mtb I saw was a Gary Fisher a friend bought sometime in the '90s. Full Sus with the oval tubing, ugly as hell. I thought he was nuts for paying $1200 for a bike. I use to hike the trails I ride now but all the bikes I saw were just xc & never interested me until March 2009 when I decided I wanted to do something new...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
When did dual crown forks & slacker geo start? Is there one bike/one company that sort of started it all & led to what DH bikes are today?
I'm pretty sure it was the mid to late 90's. The picture I posted is a 1998 model I think.

·
Registered
875 Posts
That was insane. The bikes look like they have pretty steep head tube angles.
Thanks for posting the link.

What's up with the drive train in the Missy Glove bike mtbnozpikr posted?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
What's up with the drive train in the Missy Glove bike mtbnozpikr posted?
That's just the way the Cannondale Fulcrum was engineered. I'm not positive what's going on there as the pictures I have found don't show everything I want to see.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
I remember doing a 6 foot drop on a mtn bike was huge...then you had =Bender hitting huge stuff to lead where we are today

·
Banned
913 Posts
When did dual crown forks & slacker geo start? Is there one bike/one company that sort of started it all & led to what DH
I had a Foes LTS with Hanebrink dual crown forks in 1994, 6" travel front
and rear. I think the forks were the first on the market with that much
travel

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
Then again, there were way more spills and chills back then. Aka people like watching train wrecks as they happen.

You would think that someone would've said, "Hey, maybe we should lower our seats.."

·
Registered
875 Posts
You would think that someone would've said, "Hey, maybe we should lower our seats.."
Ha ha - no doubt.
I've never seen so many endo's.

Looked like some of them were wearing football shoulder pads.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Awesome.. Remember that stuff from when I was growing up. I started getting into riding in the early-mid 90's and that still brings back memories that's for sure. My first DH experience was on rim brakes and an RS Mag 21 fork. (hardtail of course)

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
... That was WAY BETTER then Danny Hart run :thumbsup:

But seriously, was that Dion riding at some point in that video ? :D

David

·
Registered
100 Posts
No kidding on the seats comment. Those cats were ridiculous! In my younger days I rode a 20" BMX for everything, with no helmet or brakes. Ok ok my brakes were shoving my foot between the frame and tire.(front or rear, depending on the girl that was watching.) That old Dh tech was just unreal, the days of using whatever you could get your hands on! Now we cry if we dont have 203mm rotors or an handlebar adjustable seatpost. Way cool vid.

-Chris.

Reactions: Moosey

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
Holy crap that was intense!! If all of them would have lowered their seats some, there would have been way less OTB's. Some of those guys are troopers, took some serious hits and bounced back up. Thanks for posting! That stair section.... brutal!!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts