Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so currently I have my mind set on an Airborne Guardian. I really would like a 29er, but this other deal seems to good to be true. It is a TREK 4900 for $600 on craigslist.
Trek 4900
It seems like a good deal, but what do you think? Is it worth switching from a 29er to a 26er for it?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Okay so currently I have my mind set on an Airborne Guardian. I really would like a 29er, but this other deal seems to good to be true. It is a TREK 4900 for $600 on craigslist.
Trek 4900
It seems like a good deal, but what do you think? Is it worth switching from a 29er to a 26er for it?
i would jump right on that. i love my 26er. replacement wheels/tires/tubes/forks are cheaper and have more options too...

consider yourself lucky if you live in an area with a large selection of quality bikes on CL. in my area its very rare to find anything decent without a huge asking price.

·
Flow like water
711 Posts
Is it possible to convert a 26er to a 29er?
Possible, but pricey. You'd spend more than it would cost to buy a 29er straight up. Lift the 26er up off the floor. Slide a 29er underneath. Remove the 26er and sell it.

Done.

·
Registered
519 Posts
26ers are more nimble. 29ers roll over stuff easier. Personally a 29er feels large and slow to me. I like the handling of my 26er.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts