Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it is down to these 2 bikes. Both have different things going for them, I like Pivots suspension system, full carbon frame and its a little cheaper in the XT version. It has a smaller battery than Levo and the motor is the 7000 series and not the 8000 that the more expensive bike has.
The Levo is a nice build and little less enduro than the Pivot, which suits my XC style, great battery and motor and Specialized has been in development of these for years now and when you have an issue it goes through Specialized and not Shimano. Specialized is not a full carbon frame
I don't see a lot of data here on the Pivot bikes having failures and more on Specialized but there are more Specialized out there.
I am torn, the LBS that I buy from is the Pivot dealer and my last 4 bikes I have bought form them.

Both are in my price range, any feedback guys?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I rode both bikes and the Pivot was more fun an had better "funner" geometry, it felt more lively and poppy. The Shimano system is very reliable from my research at least the 8000 is. The 2019 Levo Brose motor is a bit more smooth and torquey and has the better app. Had to go wrong with either. But I would take the Levo motor over the 7000 for sure. Also the Levo needs a bigger battery as its more power hungry than the Shimano. The expert and above comes with the 700 battery,

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I haven't tried the latest versions of either bike, but tried the prior models of both. Bought the Pivot. Smoother power delivery, much lighter, better suspension, E8000 motor on that one.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you form an complete sentence?

Can you read?
Why are you considering it.
Are you hoping for a record?
When i read this brand is good they gave me 3 free motors.
First you paid for a motor.
2 ...
I am not really sure what you are stating by saying "can you read"? What message are you attempting to convey?
Also your paragraph is so broken, the value in your message is completely being missed. Thanks for attempting a response though.

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
For my style of riding, I enjoy the DH more so I’d personally go with the Pivot. From what I hear the Pivot is no slough on the climbs!

The new Levo’s are very nice and I’d love to have a 700wh battery, but 99% of my rides are fine with the 504wh battery. The Levo in my opinion would need ASAP upgrade of front fork and rear shock.

Both are great bikes, can’t go wrong with either choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I am not really sure what you are stating by saying "can you read"? What message are you attempting to convey?
Also your paragraph is so broken, the value in your message is completely being missed. Thanks for attempting a response though.
Some say they are at their third motor in their first year. Some say they know 5 owners and each had 1 or more issue. I have no clue why you are considering that company. Did you do a bit of reseach before coming down to those?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Here's wrench for you all, I've ridden the levo and it was real nice but too expensive for the first EBike so I went with the Motobecane E8000 and am loving it, went to Carvins Cove yesterday and basically rode all the steep hills they had to offer and was able to climb all of them except for one in ECO mode, the other one was in trail mode mainly due to its length and steepness and lots of rocks. The bike perform great. I barely used two bars on the battery. Best part is that its much cheaper then other known brand and basically that part of the cost.
Sorry OP, just wanted to put 2 pennies in.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
33red, Which company are you referring to? Specialized or Pivot? and yes and have done a great deal of research, I have ridden the Specialized and will soon ride the Pivot. Keep in mind that Specialized has been selling these bikes in the states since 2016 and in Europe since 2014 and if this is the company you are referring to then perhaps it is because there are a lot more out there than Pivot that has only been selling them for 2 years.

·
Registered
523 Posts
For the money, the Tazer seems like a better option. More travel but still climbs great. Fox Factory suspension front and rear. Top level dropper. E8000 motor. Great wheelset. For $7600 compared to $10,000 for the shuttle. The Tazer is even cheaper than the Pivot with the smaller motor. The Specialized would not be a option for me due to the parts spec.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
33red, Which company are you referring to? Specialized or Pivot? and yes and have done a great deal of research, I have ridden the Specialized and will soon ride the Pivot. Keep in mind that Specialized has been selling these bikes in the states since 2016 and in Europe since 2014 and if this is the company you are referring to then perhaps it is because there are a lot more out there than Pivot that has only been selling them for 2 years.
After you get ready to buy i can only say buy i enjoy mine daily. We are different and ride in different places so we can be happy riding different bikes.
Happy trails!

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
I scored my Levo Expert from a dealer for $7400 OTD. I’ve upgraded the fork and converted to di2. It jams. When the new ‘19 models first hit the floor their was some bugs to work out for sure. The current ones are solid. The pivot is a sweet bike also. DW link is cats ass for sure. I went with the Specialized for the whisper quiet motor, long range, great app and tech, and my XL weighs 47# ride ready. Not to mention designed from the stumpjumper new chassis. JMO. Btw, I also own a Focus Jam 2 and that bike is awesome. The E8000 motor is great, but louder for sure.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Gutch
Since you own both motors that assist bikes that I am interested in, do you have an opinion on which has the least internal resistance if you have to pedal with a dead battery?
I feel the newest Brose and battery combination that specialized uses is the "latest and greatest" at the moment.
I wish the Wire Peaks came with the Brose for no other reason than the battery
Thanks
highroad

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
However Tazer is 27.5 rear and 29 front, don't care for that combo.
If you haven't tried this setup, it works amazingly. For the Tazer it's 29" front and 27.5x2.8 plus tire. Gives good roll over and traction galore for climbing! I carried one tube 29" easily fits into the 27.5" tire and I'm sure the 27.5" tube would work in a 29".
I've seen a lot of people experiment with this setup and keeping it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.