Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I like Monkeys
886 Posts
There is one section that was basically a gully that most mortals couldn't climb but I have seen people clean it. IMHO if it can be ridden and isn't being destroyed by erosion caused by bad trail design then leave it. I think that section may be an erosion problem. Except for that section I'd say leave it.

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
We came down Salt Stump along with crashedandburned and a few others in
early October and it was a blast.:thumbsup: As a matter of fact, I am planning on
the same loop this spring, however, in reverse. Up Salt Stump, across Middle
Mountain, down Stony Run to Locust Gap, to Blue Suck and back to the road. I'm sure Salt Stump will be one heck of a climb but I want to come down Stony Run and Blue Suck. Maybe I'll get crashedandburned to climb it
and I'll hook a tow rope to his seatpost and let him pull my slow a$$ up that
one :D.

I hope they don't change it too much. A little change in those area's being
washed out could make it an easier climb. Guess we'll see this spring.:thumbsup:

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
crashedandburned said:
... Are you thinking of inviting the usual degenerates?
HEY! I resemble that remark.

Salt Stump could use a little TLC.

Think snow.

·
Advanced Slacker
15,402 Posts
evil genius said:
i heard that salt stump was going to get a reworking with trail machines. has anyone else heard this ? has anyone rode it recently? last spring i climbed that &%^$# trail, when i got to the top i threw rocks at it!
I have not ridden the trail in about 6 years (been out of town for a while), but I usually climbed it, and one section in particular really sucked then. Not an issue of too steep, but in the trail was pretty much gone and you were essentially traversing and climbing a steep hill, often sliding sideways off the hill. Maybe it was improved since my last ride.

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
It's on my TOO DO list.....

crashedandburned said:
Are you thinking of inviting the usual degenerates?
davis said:
HEY! I resemble that remark.
Of course all us degenerates will get an invite.:thumbsup: Notes at this time are as follows:

Spring '07 (no dates) ride Dougthat - reverse of last year. Also do Mountain Top Trail.

Sounds like it will have to be a couple days anyway... As our thoughts grow I'll pass it
on of course. Right now just trying to squeeze in a ride now and then and pedal the crap
out of the stationary bike sitting in my dining room.:D

davis - good to hear from you. How are things on the mountain? How's the peach juice
comin' for this year? :D

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
outdoornut said:
Of course all us degenerates will get an invite.:thumbsup: Notes at this time are as follows:

Spring '07 (no dates) ride Dougthat - reverse of last year. Also do Mountain Top Trail.

Sounds like it will have to be a couple days anyway... As our thoughts grow I'll pass it
on of course. Right now just trying to squeeze in a ride now and then and pedal the crap
out of the stationary bike sitting in my dining room.:D

davis - good to hear from you. How are things on the mountain? How's the peach juice
comin' for this year? :D
How 'bout all of us getting together at Coopers this yr? Or maybe Kanawha? Coopers is a bit more lax in the drinking dept, kanawha has a no drinking policy. Both places are alot of fun.

·
Because I am !
1,307 Posts
crashedandburned said:
How 'bout all of us getting together at Coopers this yr? Or maybe Kanawha? Coopers is a bit more lax in the drinking dept, kanawha has a no drinking policy. Both places are alot of fun.
I bet Kanawha would be a fun place. Lots of trails and I understand the camping areas
are not bad at all. That might be another to put on the list. That would be a big drive for
most of our group of degenerates but could be a good one. Lowcel might have some
input on that area since that is nearly his back door.

ODN

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
outdoornut said:
I bet Kanawha would be a fun place. Lots of trails and I understand the camping areas
are not bad at all. That might be another to put on the list. That would be a big drive for
most of our group of degenerates but could be a good one. Lowcel might have some
input on that area since that is nearly his back door.

ODN
Kanawha used to be my regular stomping grounds when I lived in the area. I go back when I can and invite Bruce along.

I've camped there once a couple yrs bacp and it was like 15-20 a night. Again, being a state park and all, no drinking allowed. Right?;) :D

I love Kanawha myself and try to make a few trips back every yr. About a 6 hr drive for me. Coopers is about 3 to 4 hrs. I usually stay at sandspring camp grounds. VERY lax on the rules.

Let's think about it, eh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.