Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
+1 there Trout.

That is some serious wiring you have going on there.
Very nice housing and impressive use of your space.
Great job and nice beam shots.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I agree with all the others, very nice!

And yes, what are the optics? Is it my imagination or are they more spot and less flood than most MCE setups we have seen?

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Kabel Salat...

Nice job and detailed pictures.

It looks like you're using the DX 3256 with the MC-E's wired 2s2p, getting [email protected] 6.2-6.5v?

So are you running that off of a 7.2v Li-Ion? That'd probably boost the driver output to 500ma per led.

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
Yes, Yes, very nice. I love spaghetti.

I too would like to know what optics, what driver, and if's being driven 2s per driver? If so, you could have 4 light levels by switching each driver independently.

JZ

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
I see you're using the RCA plug and jack for your power connection. With the male plug on the battery side, you need to be careful not to short it against your aluminum case and toast the battery. Better to put the female on the battery, male on the light.

JZ

·
Experienced drunk cyclist
60 Posts
Nice compact design. I like. I could do with three of those lenses in my light, so please what are they?

How hot does it get? That is a very thin piece of metal you have there to sink the heat away from the LEDs to the housing. Is it aluminium or steel (it has the colour of steel).

cloggy

·
Registered
783 Posts
Nice work but why on earth did you mount the stars on what is apparently a piece of steel? Much better to have them mounted on solid aluminum and used the plate on the rear to cover up the innards.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That looks great! I made one very similar only I cast mine out of aluminum and used halogen bulbs. Yours looks a lot more compact than mine. Excellent work!
Very nice! Aaron

1 - 20 of 40 Posts