Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace the trusty Remedy.

Im looking at getting a DOT to replace it. Cant risk a head injury from now until August...

Either 661 Flight or RockGardn Warbird series.
Any one own either one? I know a few MTBR'ers own the 661 Flight, would you guys care to share?

I already know it will be A: Heavier B: Hotter. I dont care.

·
= dirt torpedo =
1,210 Posts
the Flight is an awesome helmet, most comfortable i've tried
doesn't get that hot, fits nice and snug

really have nothing bad to say about it

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
motormonkeyr6 said:
Time to replace the trusty Remedy.

Im looking at getting a DOT to replace it. Cant risk a head injury from now until August...

Either 661 Flight or RockGardn Warbird series.
Any one own either one? I know a few MTBR'ers own the 661 Flight, would you guys care to share?

I already know it will be A: Heavier B: Hotter. I dont care.
I saw you a few times at Northstar holmes, and me and my buddy on the Chumba (Yes, Chumba) always kicked the 661 Flight. Its the most legit DOT Helmet out there. I highly recommended it. Definitely see if you can try one on, they're on the snug side of things.

·
Registered
96 Posts
my flight is the most comfortable helmet ive used. its not all that heavy at all, i dont notice the difference between that and my old giro. it breaths pretty well and one of them has already saved my life.( i feel 20 ft straight to my shoulder, whiplashed my head sideways into the ground. the flight i had on has about 100 cracks in the side of it, and one that goes all the way up the side through the kevlar. if it wasnt for that, my brains would be on the bottom of side o...) i STRONGLY reccomend it.

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a frail little school girl neck. How much do all ya'll Flights weigh?

My only concern is that the Warbird weighs 3.5lbs.....

·
EastBaySteez
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pyromaniacman129 said:
i think mine with goggles is a little under 3. or maybe a little over. i donno i dont have a scale. next time im at the HQ ill bring it.
Right on, Phil has a few Flights chilln. I'll check when I go in next time.

·
N* Bomber Crew
4,271 Posts
motormonkeyr6 said:
I have a frail little school girl neck. How much do all ya'll Flights weigh?

My only concern is that the Warbird weighs 3.5lbs.....
You'll get used to it dude...its not that dramatic of a change.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
blender said:
the Flight is an awesome helmet, most comfortable i've tried
doesn't get that hot, fits nice and snug

really have nothing bad to say about it
+1 I love might flight

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The flights suck compared to Fox V3. It was the lightest moto helmet avalible, not sure if its been beat yet. It has the most air flow out of any helmet I have ever felt. It does cost a lot more than the flight though.

·
not a forum admin
599 Posts
motormonkeyr6 said:
Right on, Phil has a few Flights chilln. I'll check when I go in next time.
I'm getting warbird in the office sometime this coming week. i'd be thrilled to give you my initial thoughts on it. call me.

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
Raptordude said:
I saw you a few times at Northstar holmes, and me and my buddy on the Chumba (Yes, Chumba) always kicked the 661 Flight. Its the most legit DOT Helmet out there. I highly recommended it. Definitely see if you can try one on, they're on the snug side of things.
I'm swapping my Blur 4x for a Chumba tomorrow...can I join your crew? :D

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
I love my flight. when i kill this one i will buy another. not that heavy and its got decent airflow for a DOT helmet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts