Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Dorado wizards,

After disassembling my bike to move overseas, when I pulled it out of the box I noticed that both of my Dorado legs had oil in their bubble wrap. On closer inspection it looks like the oil has leaked from the TSR valves. The seals are about 5 days riding old and do not look like they have leaked.

What do I need to do here? Can I just crack the tops and replace the oil? Or is it more complicated?

Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe 2cc from one side and 1cc or less from the other - not sure which was which.

I am planning to drop them down to 180mm so I guess that means pulling them apart anyway. Assuming the seals are currently good, could they be salvageable?

·
Registered
11,630 Posts
Maybe 2cc from one side and 1cc or less from the other - not sure which was which.

I am planning to drop them down to 180mm so I guess that means pulling them apart anyway. Assuming the seals are currently good, could they be salvageable?
If the seals are good then don't bother changing them. The #1 reason for blown seals on Dorado is people not having or not using the TSR air vents. They gas out the oil which pressurises the leg until the seal vents.

Air side oil migrates into the air spring and away from the bushings. So your service interval is basically set by how long that takes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.