Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 66sl is in for a rebuild at Marzocchi, and I am bored and the weather sucks... Im curious, who has overhauled the Doppio Cartridge on their 66sl? I have done 2 oil change on mine before, and pulled both cartriges out, but didnt dissasseble either. I wasnt sure how much force I could put on the Doppio in the vice without doing any damage. Sooo, if any one has cracked it open, I'm interested to hear how you did it, what everything looks like, how you lubed it, and results. Pictures, pictures are always nice:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Don't know if this helps...but I took my SL doppio out and rinsed it out with alcohol after taking out the valve cores. I then relubed it with 5-30 synthetic oil through the valves. Left in about 5 cc's of oil in the neg side. Alot of [email protected] came out during the rinse. You probably can't ride and are looking for a diversion from ebay or somewhere else?? Unless it has been leaking, maybe don't chance taking it apart. You can clean and relube easy. Probably use the directions for the tst cart nut removal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.