Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm hanging with some friends, and the subject comes up that I'm going to be heading out of town next week for some biking. Where to? Oh, Whistler up in Canada.

4 middle fingers, including one from a girl accompanied by "f#$k off"

"Visit beautiful Whistler/Blackcomb and be the envy of all your friends. But don't tell them you're going, cause they may get a little jealous."

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
tbar said:
So I'm hanging with some friends, and the subject comes up that I'm going to be heading out of town next week for some biking. Where to? Oh, Whistler up in Canada.

4 middle fingers, including one from a girl accompanied by "f#$k off"

"Visit beautiful Whistler/Blackcomb and be the envy of all your friends. But don't tell them you're going, cause they may get a little jealous."
Ive got about 150 pics from my trip there last week. Too many to post but let me know if you'd like to see some and I'll gladly oblige. Whistler far exceeded my very highest expectations but, like you, resulted in more than one huge FU from my sadly Ohio bound comrades. Tough shiznot guys, Whistler kicked azz!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
namaSSte said:
Ive got about 150 pics from my trip there last week.
I definitely want to see the pictures. If you want to email them, shoot one at tanzelmo at yahoo dot com.

It's a long drive to Whistler from Colorado Springs, but it will be well worth it.

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
tbar said:
I definitely want to see the pictures. If you want to email them, shoot one at tanzelmo at yahoo dot com.

It's a long drive to Whistler from Colorado Springs, but it will be well worth it.
wait til you see some of the pics.....we came out from Ohio and it was amazing!! One thing to be aware of, 99 will be closed from 10pm - 2am weekdays (note pics of us sleeping in our car behind a line of others doing so, lol!). Other than that, have a blast! Do you want action pics, scenery stuff, both?? Also, how many do you want? I think I have 150.

They should give you a good sense of both the park and some of the surrounding trails. I'd highly recommend riding Comfortably Numb (its truly an epic ride, roughly 5-6hrs with lots of technical climbing), a River Runs Through It (like a bridge/ladder paradise - ride it using platforms only), and Kill Me, Thrill Me in addition to spending some time in the park.

Have fun T and let me know how much you wanna see. I have some more that aren't on disc yet that show a River Runs Thru It a bit better. Ill get those done over the weekend.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take a look at as many as you can send. My Yahoo has a 10MB limit on attachments though. Definitely interested in seeing pictures showing trail conditions.

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
tbar said:

Swing by and get me in Loveland...

·
Master Of Fooliganism
483 Posts
Whistler is Epic!

Great XC trails. Great. Great. Great. Hit up the local shops in town and get the free maps.And ask for trail advice. Majority of the shops are FR/DHish, and speak limited XC. Snowcover was a good XC shop with cool guys. Was just up there last week and the weather turned from nice and warm to cold and rainy. Rode six to seven trails, missed the bike park due to tiredness and rain. Trails are technical, asspuckering fun.

Oni rode off the bridge in "A River Runs Thru It" :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts